Why everybody delete or archive their photos?

Hi guys,

I have seen that a lot of travel profiles archives or delete the major part of their photos.

Do you know which are the benefits behind this strategy?

Thank u so much

It could be due to a number of reasons.

1. They are trying to hide the photos with less engagement and keeping the ones with the highest engagement.

2. They are trying to curate their feed to look a certain way.

3. The no longer like the posts so hiding or deleting it.

4 Likes

I do it for all of those reasons too. Eventually the whole page should reflect the content you like and if you’ve posted something you no longer like, might as well remove it or hide it.

1 Like

Keep in mind that deleting any pictures does not in any way change your stats, engagement or anything performance related.

I’ve seen some nonsense flying around the net of people deleting low performing posts to boost their engagement. If that was true, guess what we would all be doing now :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I completely agree with you. However, it gives the appearance that your account gets higher engagement on average, which is valuable in its own way!

1 Like

True!

But the efforts required to groom that content is close to wasted. Not that many people are going to scroll through your feed, let alone pay attention to the stats.

I get the general idea, but there are soooooooooo many more productive things you can do with your account.

2 Likes

Nice to have some clarification on this, thanks!

1 Like

The points above are valid and good. Some other reasons also.

1. Prepare for rebranding/different theme( pictures over to a video feed) - might switch niches.
  2. Prep for a sale of the account.- dress it up so it looks better. Nobody wants to marry a ugly ass account.
  3. Re - use of previous posts - looks bad if same posts used over and over.

Edit. On the flip side, many new to Insta wonder how can a account with many - 10k and much higher be so big with only few posts? Well, often the owner deleted all or most of the posts…thats how.

4 Likes

I mean… in some cases when celebrities with 1M+ followers get moody they just nuke their entire accounts content and go private, just because :rofl:

1 Like

Private share to share is a very potent way to get new followers. If a celeb, account face lift.

2 Likes

They may also just wanna ‘banish posts featuring an ex lover’

1 Like