Would this giveaway be allowed?

A giveaway in which, I will select a winner completely random from followers and upload a picture of his profile picture to my story…(without tagging them in the picture)

Players will then have to check the story to see if they have won? If the picture is of them they claim the prize?

Thanks,

Curtis.

1 Like

I haven’t read Instagram TOS, you will need to read it to find out but I don’t think they like giveaways since lot of them are fake.

2 Likes

I’ve never heard of anyone being banned because of a contest, they’re done all the time

3 Likes

What do you mean “allowed” safe for your account? Sure if it’s legit and won’t get reports.

2 Likes

Thank you for responding to my question.

Ok so, most giveaways will actually let the winner know that they have won (by tagging them, maybe messaging them etc).

My idea was to actually have the winner/players check to see if they have won by watching my story. For example, let’s say you was the winner to my contest, I would then upload a picture of your profile pic to the story to mention you as the winner (without tagging you or messaging you)… now, the whole purpose of doing a giveaway like this would be to potentially boost the engagement on my stories… let’s say I was to put my everyday story up then post the winner last, players would have to watch the whole of my story before seeing the winner. (This is the part I don’t know if Instagram will allow?)

Sorry for the long message, if anyone knows anything about this type of stuff, it would help loads! I’ve checked the TOS and have found nothing.

Thanks again,

Curtis.

2 Likes

If you didn’t find anything against it in their TOS go for it and see how your followers will react to that, if they love it. It’s good.

1 Like