YouTube plans to release a TikTok competitor

Thoughts on this? Do you think it has a chance? They have the financial backing and the creative talent, which most competitors fail to secure.

It might be they’re a little bit late now… it will take them couple of years to catch tiktok if they catch it at all…

Also, google tend to start a lot of projects, usually copying others, and then shut them down after some while, so I don’t think this will be different.

4 Likes

I think it will either demolish TikTok, or flounder - there’s no in between for something like this, and they probably know it (I don’t even want to imagine the sum of money they’ll have to dump into it to catch TikTok)

1 Like

Google plus anyone ? :smiley:

5 Likes

Google+ was good only as Landing page for CPA :smiley:

4 Likes

Facebook is also copying others:
Twitch -> FB Gaming
Craigslist -> FB Marketplace
Snapchat -> Stories

1 Like

Yeah I don’t they have much of a chance, but certainly more than facebook hehe

well, that went well with IG, it’s popular.

1 Like

IG stories kinda killed Snapchat. And no, YouTube has no chance. Remember what happened to Google+ and their attempt to do something big with it.

Yes they did but if you read the latest – snap is growing, has more followers and is actually strong projected to hit 330 million users by end of 2021 at the current rate of growth.

1 Like

TikTok recently hit over 1 billion users, and it’s relatively new. Snapchat has been around for nearly 10 years, so these numbers are not surprising to me.

1 Like

Why does Alphabet not just by ByteDance’s TT…? Because they believe they can beat them at their own game🤔 Or even FB could buy them… Or beat them🤷‍♂️