TL;DR - Basically my account was disabled 3 times, the most recent 2 times within 36 hours of me getting reactivated after the 2nd disable. I’m looking for any help on what to do, because Instagram most likely updated their system and won’t budge.
So, one of my very popular meme pages with 245,000 followers has been disabled. 3 times now let me list the times in order I was disabled and what happened.
I was disabled around May, I appealed once online, and then used a facebook link to appeal and kept doing that actively. I sent them the code. Then around 18 hours after being disabled, my account magically came back. I got no reactivation email. Here’s the really trippy part, 3 days later I got a reply to my appeal via email saying my account couldn’t be re-enabled, but it already was. Weird. I didn’t really think much of it and continued doing what I was doing.
I was disabled this Friday (8/11/17). I again continued to appeal via multiple links on my desktop, no proxies or anything. Just appealing like every 30 minutes begging Instagram for my account back. Then around Monday (8/14/17) I receive this email,
Your account has been reactivated, and you should be able to access it now. We’re sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any further questions, please visit the Help Center:
제목: My Instagram Account Was Deactivated
Is this account used to represent a business, product or service?: Personal
Full Name: XXXXX
Your Instagram Username: XXXXX
Your email address: XXXXX@gmail.com
Which country are you writing in from?: United States
-----End Original Message-----
I found it really odd that I got a message from the Korean (yes that’s Korean) support team. But I didn’t really care and was just jumping for joy because I had my account back. But another thing to note is that whenever I got my account back, I had around 2,900 posts before I got deleted. When I came back I had about 139 posts. I had been hearing lots of people complaining about temporarily disabling their accounts, and coming back to no photos, but then they eventually came back. Now I want to note, I post on a very specific schedule. 10am,1pm,4pm,7pm,10pm,1am pretty much every day. Sometimes even down to the second. I also include “follow (@myuser) for more content like this” in every single post. That leads me to believe I was disabled because they thought I was botting, but that still doesn’t make that much sense.
- 3 I was disabling on Monday (8/15/17). The day started out normal, I was happy of course to have my account back. Then around 5pm, boom my account is gone. I immediately went onto my computer and started appealing again. This was only 36 hours after I just got my account reactivated. I was so confused. I appealed, but the automatic email that asks you for a code usually, took 6 hours to finally reach my email. I sent the code, then strangely they sent me an email asking for my utility bill, tax filing, or other business documents (the standard email they send to business accounts). I was confused, but sent my utility bill anyways. Then I get this email in response.
- Continued prohibited behavior after receiving a warning or multiple warnings from Instagram
- Unsolicited contact with others for the purpose of harassment, advertising, promoting, dating or other inappropriate conduct
- Impersonation of a person or entity, or other misrepresentation of identity
- Posting content that infringes or violates someone else’s rights or otherwise violates the law
And I’ve gotten that email 3 times now. The first time from reporting my account as hacked (I reported it as hacked through the need more help link in the app when my Instagram account was disabled on 8/11/17. They asked me to send a code, sent one, then never replied. Then when I was disabled on 8/15/17 boom they send me a reply that’s the same thing as above, with a different name. Then I got it in response to an appeal I sent. Then I got it from the email where they asked me to send the code. I’m pretty sure Instagram updated their appeal system, and that’s the standard email now. Anyways, if anyone has any tips on how to recover my account, please help me!