Anyone succeeded in changing TikTok account location?

So I’m waiting for my US sim card that i bought recently, and i came upon this service that provides you eSim service to any country called RedteaGO, so I’ve decided to purchase a us plan eSIM and it activated. I turned off my simcard and tried use TikTok with eSIM and Wi-Fi, then i tried to take out my simcard completely and use eSIM and Wi-Fi and yet it’s still didn’t work. Maybe anyone has ideas how to get around this with eSIM?

If it doesn’t work now it will probably never.
Just wait for your tangible SIM card.

I still can’t get it to work omg… I tried VPN, still, no SIM + VPN, still…

VPN will mess up your account. I wouldn’t recommend using that. SIM card method is the best, and safest way to go around this.

1 Like

Just SIM card, and on my European IP is okay? How the hell can I get USA SIM card shipped here :confused:

Yes. Foreign SIM card and local wi-fi should work.
If your device has no SIM card, TikTok looks at Wi-Fi IP location.
But I think TikTok is now blocking VPNs.
Let me explain: Last year (november 2019 to january 2020)I was temporary in Europe with only my iPad (Wi-Fi model).
I had a small audience so I wanted to keep growing that audience and I used a VPN when uploading my videos. It was incredibly slow with the VPN on but that was my only choice.
I had many videos going viral and doubled my followers.
Then when I tried the VPN again on my iPad after a TikTok app update, the app would automatically log off my account. Even when I tried logging in it would not work. I would be in guest mode only.
As soon as I turned the VPN off, I was able to log in again.

So I strongly believe that TikTok is taking measures to prevent the use of VPNs now.

Oh, and it was a paid and good VPN.

I completely agree with this! My Canadian SIM just arrived and I’m really looking forward to using it. I have a strange question though. I uploaded a video (cleared cache prior to inserting foreign SIM) using my foreign sim. My question is, if I clear cache and insert my local SIM card, will that change where the video is headed? Would it still reach Canada because that’s the SIM I used while posting it? Or will it target my local audience because I re inserted my local sim afterwards (for viewing purposes)

I think pushing depends on the card you used while posting the video. If you switch back to your local SIM to use your mobile data for example, that’s fine. That’s what I do, and my reach is still 100% Thailand. I only use my local SIM to film outside, since I don’t have WiFi everywhere.

Awesome thank you!

Hello,
I read that you’ve been using the SIM card technique since one month and more I just wanted to ask if you created a new account first or you just continue with your french account. Also it has been 3 days since I started to use an American SIM and my pre existent account and my views are doing that well so are the views getting better with time ?

I continued with my French account. People travel all the time, and use different SIM cards, so I guess it’s not an issue. If it was, I’d be banned by now.

My first videos were the most successful ones. It really depends on the quality of your videos. They push them to a specific amount of people, and views depends on your engagement. For example, they push your video to 100 people. If 10 of them like, share, or comment, they push it to more, etc.

Do you have IG ? I rly want to ask you others questions

You can DM me. I don’t share personal information here.

I can’t DM anyway i will just ask my questions here. Do you clear the cache every time you open the app.Also did you repost your oldest videos if yes did you delete the pre existent version or you just let it there ?

I used to clear my cache every time, but I came to a conclusion that it doesn’t matter, so I stopped. I cimply close the app, switch my SIM card, and re-open the app.

I only film on TikTok. Every time I post an older video, it gets 0 views, and I end up deleting it. I instantly get 30-40k views on new videos.

Wow i barely get 1000 views but i think it’s bcs i just started it’s getting better ( i guess).
Do you use any special hashtags ?

I only use hashtags related to my video, or the trend. Simply pick a sound, look up the most popular videos that use it, and see their hashtags.

Ok thank you very much

Small update:
After failing to change my location (probably because of the VPN) I started over and my audience is 99% from the U.S.
I think that the use of a VPN, even a very good one, can confuse the app resulting in TikTok not knowing where to push your content.
I clear the cache each time before I upload. I sometimes get TikTok ads from the country I live in but they disappear as soon as the cache is cleared. I don’t know why it happens.

@Nik When you use your foreign SIM card, what do you see on the trending hashtags home page?
In my case, I only see local trends and never U.S. trends, but TikTok doesn’t seem to care as my content is never published where I live.