Anyone succeeded in changing TikTok account location?

thanks fo the info man I did not know that, so Tiktok is not that strict after all

Hello. I have a question. If I install a local eSIM on my phone and then insert an unactivated US SIM card will the eSIM interfere with where my posts go to when I post them on TikTok? Or will they go to the US audience?

I don’t have a dual SIM phone right now and would like to avoid buying one if possible, hence the question. Thanks in advance for any answers I might get.

basically, it only matters which sim you use the moment you post the tiktok. if you have the us sim on, your target audience will be the us. after posting u can switch the cards, but id advice you to wait a few minutes before switching. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sometimes I insert the foreign SIM card, restart the app, and while it’s the desired country, I switch back to my local SIM card without closing the app. Also works and helps if you need to use your mobile data. :slight_smile:

Peeps, I was wondering something. Does an eSIM from the US also work like the standard SIM? :thinking:
I would remove my regional SIM card and then just use the US eSIMs data to upload the TT from my drafts. Would that also work? Did someone try that maybe? :thinking:
Would also hear fellow @Nik opinion on this.

Hey Nik!! I need help. Basically what I did was the No Sin Card + VPN method cause a YouTube tutorial recommended it in order to reach US audience. Now that I’ve taken a look at the chat I’m really scared because I used a T-Mobile card with my home WIFI but my video has only 1 view and 1 like and it’s from a follower from my home country. Idk if I got shadow banned or what I should do and I really don’t want to lose my account. Do you think that maybe I should just wait a while and keep on posting with my us SIM card and wifi or should I make a new account? Thank you so much for this thread!!!

1 Like

Hey do you still have the same problem???

I’d let it rest for a few days, up to a week or two. You can follow accounts and interact with them, but I wouldn’t recommend posting new content. Then try again without using VPN.

If you use proxy use a mobile and a really good one. Most of the proxies people offer are terrible and over used.

Thanks so much Nik! I’m using a T-mobile card I bought in the US in like 2018 but I haven’t activated it so I’m just using my home Wi-Fi is that okay? I just posted a vid to make sure I’m not shadowbanned with my country SIM card and I’m being shown in the FYP and at least got some views. How much time do you think I should wait to try to use US SIM card again? Also when I try I need to clear cache, delete tiktok, and restart my phone right?

If you’re being shown on the FYP, then you can already post. One of the cards I use is not activated and it still works fine. They somehow detect its location. And no, you don’t need to do any of that. Simply switch the SIM, close the app, reopen it again. Once you post your video, you can go back to your regular card.

gotcha!! Thank you so much. I’ll let you guys know if it works wish me luck.

1 Like

Hey guys just one quick question please. I want to buy US sim card but i don’t know which to buy. Sim card 30 days prepaid that give u US number and roaming or do i buy US sim card which is 4gb data and dose not have a us number or roaming and expire after 360 days?
Which one would work for tik tok? data sim? or phone number+roaming sim? after 30 days the sim will be expired but as far as i read here it will not be a problem. Thanks for helping me out and i hope u all have good day.

Hey everyone!
I’m going to use the foreign SIM card method, I just would like to know for sure a few details - do I have to do something else before inserting a foreign SIM card? Is there the need first to clear cache, turn off geolocation on the iPhone, and maybe do something else every time before putting out my home counrty SIM and inserting the target country SIM?
Thanks a lot!

I don’t do any of that. Simply close the app, insert the new SIM card and reopen. You’ll see videos from the desired country on your FYP. I normally put my normal SIM card back right away, even before I post. If you don’t restart the app, it stay there until you do so.

Could you please tell me was ur sim having phone number of the country (Thailand) ? or is it network sim from that country?

It’s a prepaid card with a number. Already expired, but I keep using it for TikTok, with WiFi. I’m not sure how they detect its location though.

Thanks i will buy one today and do as ur advices up. Thanks for sharing ur experience with us here it was very helpful and i will update the other once i get my sim card shipped to me

hey nik and everybody! idk if this is working or not I just posted a tiktok with US SIM card and it just has 1 view in like 20 minutes😭 i normally would get like 30 views by now and a few likes but Idk if it’s because I barely have US followers and because im using it for the first time it’s like im just starting a new account. I’ll keep you guys updated but for now I’m quite worried it won’t work.

I can never guarantee success, as these are my own observations and techniques that work for me and with the cards I have. I haven’t used an US one.