Anyone working full time, have kids and setting this up from scratch?

May be an out of context question, just trying to understand if anyone doing the same as I. Have a full time job, family and stuff and on my “free time” 3am-6:30am I’m working on setting up my own business, get to sleep only 4-5h a day and its very very difficult… anyone doin or done the same? Any tricks apart from “keep calm and work hard”?

5 Likes

I’m a single dad of three kids… working double shifts often, and researching internet marketing on the side.

13 Likes

Hello, I work full time while homeschooling my preteen son, I sleep 4-5 hrs/day too. I’m struggling to find some ‘ME’ time, so when I can, I totally disconnect from everything and just try to get… more sleep :smile:

8 Likes

All day every day

3 Likes

I work all day every day, and I spend evenings with my Fiance.

In my spare time, and when I want a little break, I will hop on the forum and help others.

I have financial freedom however I love what I do, and I cant get enough of it! :smiley:

1. Coffee
  2. MORE Coffee
  3. EXPRESSO
  4. RedBull
  5. Sleep
  6. Weed
  7. Positive Attitude
  8. Start & complete tasks (dont start multiple tasks)
  9. Listen to good music
  10. Boost your self esteem by helping at least one person on the forum each day
  11. Make sure to treat yourself to something nice as a reward for your hard work.
12 Likes

I now have a part-time job, so I cannot relate to your situation(s) entirely.
That being said, I know that sleep deprivation is a very bad way to go, so you might need a temporary break here. If there is a hell, it’s where you cannot sleep.

I am not talking about leaving MP aside, but about calculating how long do you project this situation to continue before you reach the desired amount of earnings. If it’s 6 months, it’s worth pushing a bit harder. But if it’s longer than that, you might need to find an alternative.

I was (still am) having the same dilemma with money; for how long can I afford these expenses, e.g. MP, proxies, VPS, etc. before I earn x amount of money. I had to give up certain things that I have considered a necessity all my life. But it’s a trade-off. I hope to get a return in the near future :slight_smile:

Let us know if we can help you in any way.
I respect you dearly for pursuing your dreams under such conditions.

1 Like

I can totally relate to this… [quote=“SkyggeLys, post:1, topic:7371”]
sleep only 4-5h a day
[/quote]

but luckily I get 4-5 more hours of sleep at nights so… :smiley:

I believe most of us are in similar situation as you are, but that’s how it is, the world around us push us to work more and more…[quote=“BrandonBerner, post:5, topic:7371”]
11. Make sure to treat yourself to something nice as a reward for your hard work.
[/quote]

Number 5 or 6 from your list? :smiley:

2 Likes

@SkyggeLys I guess this is for you then ( in case you don’t know it already) :

4 Likes

You said it all mate.

Wife, three kids & full time job. Mass planner has been a godsend! 90% of my social activity is automated, allowing me to grow to over 100 social accounts, which I never would have been able to do otherwise.

I spend most of my time “working” early morning before everyone gets up & before I go to work. I find a few free minutes here & there throughout the day to check on things.

I think that organization is one of the most important keys to being successful when you have so much on the plate. Lots of documentation, easily available on my phone, computer or wherever - allows me to maximize what time I have available.

2 Likes

Looks like you organized your time pretty good. Do you find time to spend with your family? That’s something I’m struggling with.

Father of one and husband of pregnant wife here :smiley:

4 Likes

Same here…3kids and wife. Wake up 3:30am till 6ish and then here and there in the office when i have time but pffffff not easy, sometimes from friday to sat i do it through the night. By the looks of it, not the only one

2 Likes

Seems like I’m similar to others who have chimed in: wife, 2 kids, full-time job, rising at 4am to take care of ‘business.’

MP has been a lifesaver. It has saved me literally hundreds of hours that would have been taken away from family time. I’m more than willing to do the research, tweaks, and suggestions provided on this forum knowing that I’ll be able to optimize my social media profile while avoiding the headaches of doing everything manually. :grin:

2 Likes

If I could give you any advice it would be to force yourself to take atleast one day off and catchup with sleep/family time. You will be recharged and perhaps ready to take on setting up your business with a fresh mind/perspective.

Goodluck with everything!

Congrats! Spending time with the fam is important

3 Likes

Hey you have got to be from Hawaii!!! What island are you on?

Im moving back to Hilo in 2 months with my family. Just cool to see another person from Hawaii doing things like this; pretty rare on the big island to be honest.

Hi @SkyggeLys, how are you doing now?

I am also doing the same! I have 1 kid and I have my own business for which I work full time. Next to it I have set up MP and I now help my clients to grow their Instagram so I can finance my first business and our life. I also find it stressful. Especially in the beginning I felt very guilty to my son or husband not giving them the time and attention they deserve. When I spent time with my son business was always on my mind. I had a to do list in my mind always. Now I can let this go and be there for him 100% when I spend my time with him. I outsource at much as possible. Sometimes I can’t get it all done and I try not to stress myself but think of tomorrow. Now that I’m getting more clients (yeahhh) I have a new challenge of managing all their questions. So my goal is now to manage their expectations and streamlining my communication, so their questions will be less.

Hang in there! You can do it!

2 Likes

I’m mostly on Oahu and sometimes Maui. Big Island is a great place to raise a family, hope you guys like it there.

I’d imagine Hilo is not really into social media, but I’ve been noticing businesses in Waikiki ramp up on IG. Makes sense because of all the tourists posting selfies while they’re on vacation :smile:

4-5 hours sound like nothing more than a nap - when I go into hibernation I don’t wake up until atleast 10 hours later preferably >11 hours. Been doing it pretty much every night the last five years. There’s nothing better and it stops you from doing big mistakes :wink: (unless sleeping is one, which it hardly ever is)

Financial freedom like @BrandonBerner nope, but freedom of my time is kinda neat :slight_smile:

I used to be someone to hibernate also. Bed at 2am, wake up at 11am-2pm. I loved my beauty sleep. I also felt that I made less mistakes during the day.

Then came responsibility. Due to unexpected events which life brings, I had to start waking up at 9am every morning. The first week was HORRIBLE. After the first week It was getting easier. After a month, I found myself automatically waking up between 8-9am without an alarm clock. I started feeling so damn good in the morning. Much better than how I felt waking up past noon.

Looking back, I am so happy I am no longer sleeping extensive hours. I was always told its good to have a steady sleep schedule. go to bed before midnight and not to over sleep but I always ignored it. Now that I am going to bed around midnight (sometimes 1am), and waking up at 9am, I found that my energy levels are much higher, and my brain functions much better throughout the entire day. I will never go back to hibernating. I have found that 6-8 hours works best for me. Anything more than that, I am a zombie for the first part of the day.

I encourage you to give it a shot. Just know it will take a week or so to get your body used to it. I promise that you will thank me later :smiley:

BONUS: Once you start waking up early, you wont miss McDonalds breakfast anymore :smiley:

5 Likes