Anyone working full time, have kids and setting this up from scratch?

Can’t relate in my current situation, but I was in the same place a year ago while running my own YouTube channel, shooting video/editing/traveling and creating content for that, working a fulltime job and freelancing nights and weekends while just beginning my IG journey for that account, which is why I got involved in MP. No kids yet, but my wife has been really pushing it lately, because we’re not getting younger.

Unfortunately (or fortunately?) I lost my job in September and haven’t worked since, so I have nothing but free time. Though sitting around with nothing to do has all sorts of other issues, paying bills in one of the most expensive cities in the country, it’s caused severe stress, anxiety and insomnia - as has my lack of success with IG, which you’d think would work out with all the free time I’ve had, unfortunately it hasn’t, it’s sort of going in reverse - maybe because I have so much free time to stare at numbers not really moving.

Anyhow, I think we’re all in certain positions in life that have caused us to enjoy this route of automation, because it helps make other things less difficult, like manually running something, or being devoid of our social media addiction, or in @BrandonBerner’s case, caffeine addiction.

4 Likes

Can completely relate to your struggles. I have limited time myself. Between my full time work (which starts anytime from 6am through to 3pm and finishing from 2pm through to 11pm), helping my lady with her commercial cleaning business (being commercial means everything is after hours so usually starting somewhere around 2am), no kids at home (but plenty of grandkids to make up for that) I can find that 5hrs of sleep in a day and in a row can feel like a myth sometimes.

Aside from @BrandonBerner 's coffee schedule, which is one that I tend to use myself, the best advice I could give is to keep your eyes on the prize.

Having a good reason as to why you are doing this will motivate you to no end to keep going despite all the struggles.

I also found having someone else around who holds you accountable to your goals helps. If you tell someone about what you are doing, get them to check up on you regularly and make sure you are still on the right track.

2 Likes

Having unlimited free time and trying to cut the shit and start working with massplanner
#Firstworldproblems

4 Likes

Yes , I can relate to most of what is been discussed above. I am a father of 2 kids, works a dreadful day job while being married to a medical doctor implies she is never @ home. MP has been a lifesaver. It has saved me literally hundreds of hours that would have been taken away from family time as I am basically the only one there for my kids. I am most grateful to the team @massplanner for helping me keep my sanity!

1 Like

Why have so many people sleep problems ?
We have green magic for that. No stress or worries in your head.

Green + thee = perfect sleep.

2 Likes

I have a terrible time sleeping, add the weed and my mind goes into overdrive and not in a productive way.

1 Like

Sorry to say this but i think you have shitty weed

That would be near impossible where I am from. Weed has different effects on everyone. I can eat a huge amount of edibles that would floor most people (and has) but does nothing to me.

Still. Shit Weed in US… I don’t know man. There is Shit Weed everywhere in this world but US is one of those countries where there isn’t that much shit weed anyway.

Update.
@wortime mentioned edibles. Man those things are something that I have never tried but I will in the near future for sure. From what I have read and seen those things give a nice body high rather than a “mind high” my be total BS as I said never tried.

And again as he said different people different effects.
If I smoke too much I wanna barf. That’s just me most of the time if I overdue it that is why I prefer to go easy.
Pure weed no tobacco and go easy with it.
If I get my hands on something very rare here like hash oil. I like to smoke it pure again. I feel like tobacco just ruins it in a way. My opinion.

1 Like

I am in a “legal weed” state. Not only can you legally buy whatever you want, you can buy it any way you want. All CBD? All CBN? etc , hash oil etc, no problem. I have a friend that owns several grow ops and quitea few dispensaries. So no, it is not shitty weed. Smoking weed gets me high for sure, but it does nothing to put me to sleep. I wish it did.

2 Likes

Not even 90-80% Indica?

Nope. I have tried it all.

New Indica is CBD, old Indica is CBN, so far no luck.

1 Like

That’s another website that goes to bookmarks!

Thanks!

Maybe a hot cup of coco will do the trick. hehe

2 Likes

LOL, I wish that was the trick

1 Like

Mass Planner has saved my @$$ so many hours of work and thousands of dollars I can’t even explain. For owning a brick and mortar store, I do not have time to handle social media oe outsource. 18 hour days? Check

I have only had weed a few times, its always been rolled up a blunt I think is what you call it. Just rolled up in paper sometimes with tobaco most time not.

Fuck what google says want to hear what you and the rest of the green burners say, is their a big difference between a bong and a blunt? So far all I have came up with is that a bong gets you higher quicker, I dont know how to roll so wanted to get a bong instead so I can get high by myself, although for some reason I do also like holding a spliff and walking around :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is a big difference betwen blunt/bong. In my formative years (about your age) I took some rips from 6 ft (1.82 meters to the rest of you) bongs and sure, I was high AF. Bongs help filter out some harmful things, however, they also filter out some THC etc. I am not here to turn this into a weed thread, so I will say this. A spliff is very freeing, THC and its derivatives have a lot of legit uses. However for my own needs? They no longer work. Still fun though

1 Like

Man, I need to move to a legal state. My vaporizer still gets some use, but not as much as it could.

It’s definitely a magic sleeping cure for me, as long as it’s a strong indica strain like Gorilla Glue and I let the head-high hit me. I’ll sleep, but have to time it when that happens or insomnia will dominate and I’ll be awake until 7am when my brain finally shuts down.

How did this topic turn into Pot 101? I don’t know but I like it :joy:

1 Like

My wife will eat a 10 gram CBD or CBN to 1 gram THC edible and be high AF, I can eat 6 times that and feel nothing. If i eat enough to have less backpain, then I also finally get high (usually with some 50/50 THC to CBD or CBN in there), so then I can’t sleep. When and if I can get 8 hours, then it’s a very productive and lucid day for me. Those are few and far between though.

1 Like

That’s nuts, maybe you’re just too tolerant at this point :stuck_out_tongue:

I feel that though, can’t remember what more than 5-6 hours of sleep feels like, it’s been years, even with Ambien. Took some the other night and it did nothing, felt like a zombie locked in a prison cell that resembled a bed.

1 Like