Better reach & engagement without the # ?!

I must say, I appreciate everything I learn from these forums. Thank you all.

2 Likes

Great read, good articleā€¦ but how do we know what she knows is the facts.

Same here! Lotā€™s of useful stuff, canā€™t wait for LVL 2ā€¦Been there once and thereā€™s much more :cry:

1 Like

Thanks for that link man, for some reason I didnā€™t get a notification about your reply. It is indeed very similar although I must say I always hated facebook search, image recognition or not lol. I have noticed the automatically generated alt tags that pop up when images are not fully loaded on Facebook but didnā€™t think much of it at the time, but itā€™s all making more sense now.

1 Like

I read this post a few days ago and decided to try the none hashtag method on my latest post. To my shock, I actually got the same amount of likes with more follows and my post ended up in the Explore page. Iā€™m starting to think that photos with lots of hashtags get ā€œpenalizedā€ and IG will not feature them in the Explore page. Iā€™m not sure if this applies to videos though.

2 Likes

That sounds interesting. I actually might have to test it out now.

3 Likes

Im going to test this out number of times on my few different IG accounts and I will let you know the results.

1 Like

Please make sure that you test it on a big variety of accounts , otherwise the results are highly speculative :slight_smile: . Thanks for testing !

How we can test the ai for get metadata of our photo?

Metadata doesnā€™t matter anymore :slight_smile: the AI scans the image itself and will not require the metadata to recognize it :wink:

1 Like

Oh ok thanks for the info! I said it badly, how i can test what the ai ā€˜saysā€™ about my photo?

10 day later update?

my average likes dropped about 50%, across all my accounts. People I closely follow on my personal instagram I also noticed decrease on likes when they post same type of images like alwaysā€¦

its confirmed that iG changed something in their algorithm, It is not a speculation anymore.

I also noticed follow back ratio dropped across all my accounts as well.

3 Likes

happened to me as well! the exact same thing. I just hate this algoritm

Itā€™s holiday season, Instagram needed to make space for ads. Will probably get better again soon.

Or theyā€™re just testing out how much they can cut our engagement until we decide to stop IG.

1 Like

Iā€™ll test the no-hashtag method too, iā€™ve 5 accounts where i can testā€¦ See you in few days :smile:

I think that possibly with so many users, and so many hash tags, that the hashtag system is becoming somewhat overwhelmed to some degree or worse! :flushed:

I mean if you fill Anything up, then it can only go so far after that until you realise that you have to implement something else to ease the overflow or pressure right?

Iā€™m just saying, I really couldnā€™t have a clue, but thatā€™s just my commonsensical whim on the discovery.

Either way Iā€™m quite sure something will be done with the algorithm to plug that one up! :see_no_evil:

Been using no hashtags on a new account (after previous was disabled) and our engagement % is higher than ever. Perhaps a little anecdotal but I have definitely seen an upward shift in engagement without hashtags.

1 Like

Will also try the no hashtag thing to see if it also works on small accounts which I actually donā€™t thinkā€¦

In python there are a lot of librarys like face_recognition to set an score for a face. Faces that rank more usually attract more attention :hugs:

1 Like