Better reach & engagement without the # ?!

Just started a no hashtag 3 weeks period on some accounts, from 5K to 2M followers.
Curious to see how it impacts engagement… but also growth.

A better engagement is supposed to bring more growth as a consequence, but for large accounts, hashtags are a great way to get exposure. You can’t rely only on the Explore page for growth, as hitting it is easy, but staying there if your content is not viral, is very difficult.

1 Like

I also started nohashtagnovember on 10 accounts 20-50k. Hopefully it will increase engagement.

I am not claiming hashtags don’t work, but when you use hundreds of dynamic hashtags chances are you will stumble upon some wrong hashtags and get penalized.

1 Like

[quote=“HenryCooper, post:9, topic:30260”]
Welcome to the modern world :slight_smile:

thank you for share that, very easy to use.
this forum have very good content.

1 Like

Oh this is interesting, I will give it a try. I have 20K followers but my engagement is low.

1 Like

Tryed it on my new, small account (100 followers only). With hashtags I got +60 likes and without only 5-15.
I think no hashtags is better for 150k + pages tbh.
Any other opinions?

with 100 followers is impossibel have good organic or appear in search first page, but with 2k you already can gain 50followers with not much dificult without # i think

1 Like

You think so? Has someone tryed it out? I just kinda can’t believe that it is better not to post hashtags…

If the content is excellent – hashtags or no hashtags, you got a winner. hashtags don’t help is your content sucks.
reach is defined on how good your content is – not how you rank. you can rank high and get 0 ( zero 0 ) followers.

1 Like

you can see some topics here, where people talk about, # or no#, if you put some # can help you reach more people but dont is a must have, i think profile page give more views.
and if you have sensible content, like adult # can hurt you because reports

1 Like

Hashtags seem to be making a comeback, at least on my own accounts. I’ve hit 20k hashtag impressions on my most recent post, and 10-20k on the 3 posts prior to it. Before I’d be lucky to get 1k hits from a hashtag.

5 Likes

Ditto, I’m seeing 8-10k hashtag impressions on my last couple of posts whereas before I was seeing barely any

3 Likes

Yes but what about good content and good hashtags!
You always preach good content,but you do know you can have both?

2 Likes

that has not been true for me. last year my 2 poetry accounts ranked in the top 5 of almost every small, medium and large ranks - 100 mill and such – daily. Only grew by 100 a day - er at a decent 12 % 20-40k in size. I mention this in a thread bay back last year. I used 30 – always different. Sometimes I got shadowed, took alot of research and time to find out which. I then ordered @MojoJojo hashtags service – increase a little bit… I was still pissed off at results of hastags ( his service is the best, not at him – but hashtagsl)
I took them off and posted – first day I got my best performance in followers, I took them off all my accounts and guess what – they started to slowly rise in daily followers. No more looking to see if I ranked, no more wondering if I got shadowed – no more searching for the ‘best’ hashtags… One less thing to worry about( a big thing it is to!!) If hashtags works for you – use them!! for me they are crap. Last year I grew by 1.1 mill in followers in coming my 3rd year on insta. Last week I tried 5 hashtags on 2 of my high er accounts for 2 days – no rise in growth, same numbers.

2 Likes

here are 3 of my accounts – a large one, medium one and small one – all no hashtags

decent er for size, growth good – all I do is post, like with my other accounts except my big one – I spam comments

er on the 400k is lower cause I post 2-5 a day on that one. it would double /triple if I only posted once a day, but at a cost of reach and impressions

3 Likes

Wait so you are saying you don’t do hashtags, powerlikes, dm groups, anything? How do people see your posts then? on explore?

content … thats how. it would take too long of a reply to tell ya.

Dude I noticed this 2 I used them on a 60k account and before I was lucky to hit 1k or more now it’s going crazy on the account

1 Like

I have an account right now I am working that is at 61k it was at 60.7k but I grow it to 61k in 4 days. I am not using follow/unfollow on it and posting once a day with engagement rate at 10.781% I only view stories and run like campaigns. My question is are you using power likes or is it just viral content because I can’t seem to catch those numbers on this account and it is a Music Artist account if that helps

u really don’t have to view stories – waste of resources. post more stories – now stories add to er but are not the main source – as your story views increase – that is a indicator of how good your feed is. your feed is the key. as it gets higher priority from insta your story views will reflect that. .

each niche is different. if your is a low numbers er it will be hard for me to say. I use viral material. Many of my accounts I just post – nothing else, and they still grow and reach decent er from the content.
The key is is how many of your followers like and save and comment – that is your bread and butter to everything – not dm groups – not powerlikes nor hashtags.
– u f/u – its hard to see your true numbers in er as that is er that is kinda artificial – based upon who you followed and unfollowed, in level 2 I got a ‘lessons learned’ un when I unfollowed, as all my accounts now don’t use it anymore and growing organically –

Ok so I need the artist to either create viral content or post viral content and post more stories maybe 20-30 stories a day? and yea my bad I might have mis-worded it I don’t use Follow/unfollow on the account.
as far as I know he doesn’t use stories and he posts beat making videos, music with a picture, and regular pics you know the brand pictures etc. Niche is in the Beat makers/rappers area