Better reach & engagement without the # ?!

i really don’t know – post 10 15 a day – 30 way to much

2015 till early 2017 I was getting 10k-20k follower on all of my accounts every month without hashtags. I used Instagress in the beginning and after 50k flowers I stoped likes, followings and comments.
I noticed significant drop in gaining new followers, in likes and comments I would say in March, 2017.

I started to use hashtags again before few months and I see much better results than without hashtags.
On my biggest and oldest accounts I use only hashtags, I don’t do likes, comments, following etc.
I get followers again and I get more likes and comments, especially from Explore.

Good photos are very important, but unfortunately from my experience they are not so important anymore as they were a few years ago. Then, good photos were all you need.

But at least, I am glad that hashtags have important role again and that you can get followers, comments, and likes from hashtags, not only from DM groups. I personally hate DM groups and I think that they can destroy your account, especially niche account.

Can’t agree less! Content is king and it’s more important than ever. You don’t need anything else when you have awesome content.

My experience is different :slightly_smiling_face:
I don’t think that it is universal rule. I think that it depends on page and niche.
I personally would like that content is the king like it was years ago because excellent content made all my accounts #1 in their niches (I explained in previous comment ), but unfortunately for me that is not case anymore…

It doesn’t mean that bad photos can bring you followers and good engagement if you use hashtags. I compare good content then and now.

I have just checked my accounts and the most impressions come from Home and Hahstags. Photos barely hit Explore comparing to previous period.

albums is the way to go with pictures. also, your content isn’t that awesome if you can’t hit explore. how high is your engagement rate?

Yes, my content is awesome as always :grinning: I assure you that it is awesome because I do this long enough to know what is a good content. I work on Instagram since early 2015 and I have 63 accounts.
I wrote “…comparing to previous period”.

Engagement rate is different on each account, It depends on niche, on followers number.
My opinion is that engagement rate is soooo overrated parameter. It is useful for account owner so you could compare your engagement rate through time, but it doesn’t mean anything to others.
It is one of the questions I hate when someone wants to buy post from me :roll_eyes:
Everyone thinks that it means something, but it doesn’t mean anything to them (except to me).

For example, I have 524k page with 1.8 engagement rate (I have just look it in my MP, sometimes is smaller). I sell posts on that account and I get question what is my er regularly. When I say the number, everyone is like, wow it is very low, blah, blah, it doesn’t worth that money, give me a lower price. I never give a lower price and in the end everyone who buys a post on my low engagement rate page :roll_eyes: once, come back and works with me again. Buys bulk posts and buys posts for months.

I just want to say one more time,I speak from my own experience, I speak what I have noticed from my pages, what I believe in and what functions for me. I don’t generalize, I don’t think that my experience is some universal rule.

Magic number seems to be 7… but I guess it depends on the account and its niche.

1 Like

I seen pages post 5 a hour — crap!!

1 Like

Sorry, I was not clear :man_facepalming:t2:

7 seems to be the magic number for stories. At anytime, your account should have 7 stories available.

2 Likes