Bulk engagement calculator

Hey guys,

Because I needed some custom tool to bulk-calculate the engagement rate of profiles, I built it myself :smiley: In an effort to add value to the community, here is me sharing the built .exe file with you.

What does it do?
Oftentimes when I evaluate accounts (for sourcing or research purposes), I tend to need to calculate their engagement rate in bulk. So this little tool will do just that for you. All calculations are based on the last 12 posts.

You’ll be getting a .csv file with the following output:

• username
  • media count
  • follower count
  • total likes
  • total comments
  • average likes
  • average comments
  • Engagement rate
  • Engagement rate in percentages

How does it work?
Using it is fairly simple, you just fill the textfile userlist.txt with the usernames you want to check (1 username per line) and run the .exe.

You’ll get the output file users_with_er.csv (shown above), with all the (valid) accounts that were checked.

Valid accounts
The tool will skip accounts that:

• have less than 12 posts
  • have no followers
  • have a private profile
  • are unavailable at the time of scraping (mostly due to username change, phone or mail verification, banned…)

Update

6/11/2018:

• Random delay timer input (in seconds). This will pause the script for a few seconds between each user query.

• Added avg. likes and comment calculations
  • Added rounding to all calculations

You can download it here.

20 Likes

Very kind of you to share that :smiley: :+1:
All the best to you and your family (especially your last-year-born baby) are fine :bouquet:

EDIT:
@didagou, I think this might be also interesting for you if you only look for the engagement rate of specific accounts

4 Likes

This looks cool, i will look into it too. Thanks

Awesome share bro, very good of you to share it with us all for free after your effort to create it, respect!
:+1::bomb::boom:

3 Likes

=D2/12 where D2 is Total like column and you will get average likes per post :slight_smile:

2 Likes

great:sunglasses::heart_eyes:

THANK YOU for sharing. I really appreciate your help!

Added a small update to the original file :slight_smile: see OP for changes.

4 Likes

Thanks @nocturnae | Testing it now!

UPDATE: Works great :smiley:

1 Like

hey guys, this looks like a brilliant tool and I’ve been looking around for something like this for quite a long time!

Issue for me is I’m trying to do this on Mac but I’m not sure if this is possible, can someone advise if I should be able to do this or if there might be a workaround?

Thanks!
Brian

I don’t know if you can use it on Mac, but you can always rent a windows VPS

Very much appreciated! :raised_hands:

Stole it yesterday without saying thank you. Came back now to say thank you!

Thanks for this. Do you know how i can run this app multiple times at once?

Would i need to be on separate proxies for it to work that way, could i just change the file name and folder, and run it. I’m going to try all of the above but i figure let me reach out and ask first.

Also has anyone run into any blocks with this? What would you say the idea number of seconds are? Or the lowest we an use?

Thanks!

ty soo much for the amazing program just a questiong how can i get the business email and phone no. in bulk as well is there anyway ?

Hello @nocturnae,
Thank your very much for this awesome and useful tool, I have been using it more that one year and it works properly without any problem/error,

But today, I wanted to use but I couldn’t do so, because it started to show a bunch of error lines, I attached a screenshot so you can see what I am talking about,

Could please tell what is the origin of this problem ? is there any solution ?

I don’t know @nocturnae’s code since he didn’t share it.
But since yesterday IG requires a User Agent to be set to connect to any resource on their servers. Maybe that’s what’s missing :slight_smile:

It will return a 429 (rate limit) error otherwise.

Will try this out. Looks interesting.

Since people are still using this, I gave it a little update :slight_smile: added random user agents (automatically) and error code display (404 would be not found, 429 would be rate limited).

V2 link here

3 Likes

Great tool and easy to use!

Can i ask some request?

• filter by range of followers of followings (example, i would like to analyze only users from range 3k to 7k)

Best regards!

hey do you have an updated version this? The latest version isn’t working.

Thanks!