Because I needed some custom tool to bulk-calculate the engagement rate of profiles, I built it myself In an effort to add value to the community, here is me sharing the built .exe file with you.
What does it do?
Oftentimes when I evaluate accounts (for sourcing or research purposes), I tend to need to calculate their engagement rate in bulk. So this little tool will do just that for you. All calculations are based on the last 12 posts.
You’ll be getting a .csv file with the following output:
- media count
- follower count
- total likes
- total comments
- average likes
- average comments
- Engagement rate
- Engagement rate in percentages
How does it work?
Using it is fairly simple, you just fill the textfile userlist.txt with the usernames you want to check (1 username per line) and run the .exe.
You’ll get the output file users_with_er.csv (shown above), with all the (valid) accounts that were checked.
The tool will skip accounts that:
- have less than 12 posts
- have no followers
- have a private profile
- are unavailable at the time of scraping (mostly due to username change, phone or mail verification, banned…)
- Random delay timer input (in seconds). This will pause the script for a few seconds between each user query.
- Added avg. likes and comment calculations
- Added rounding to all calculations
You can download it here.