Can we reset id to unfollow block

Same thing for me.
35 out of 200 clients API blocked.
Liking and Following with EB works (besides a few temporary blocks).

And almost all non-client accounts are blocked in like exchange tool but can like manually with EB also :pensive:

2 Likes

Are you doing anything else than liking in the LE with your non-client accounts?
Maybe follows, story views etc.?

1 Like

Its just jarvees api that is effed up. We need to wait for them to fix it…

1 Like

One of the things I saw with my accounts that ultimately were getting api only blocks for likes/follows is I was testing out doing much higher numbers of story views (in the thousands).

So it might be possible the blocks are more api limitations but not actually stating it is an api limitation (since the average person would have no idea what that means). When I shut off story views the following day all the accounts were able to follow/like via api again until they hit their daily limits.

Also API limitations tend to be restricted by IP or device which could very well explain why many of you are affected but your clients have no issues on their phones.

I haven’t done anywhere close to enough testing to say this is definitive. But it is very plausible. So better api call management might be a lot more important now.

At this point I’m not entirely convinced it’s a software specific related issue anymore. Especially since the one deciding factor in any account I had api blocks on what a lot of filters/scraping/story views going on and since I optimized the accounts they’ve run without issue.

8 Likes

Really nice to hear is working fine for you, but personally, I can’t relate as I’m getting this on accs that are not using too much api calls!!
BTW some accs can’t via API BUT can using the EB not in the clients IP & device!!
Thank you for sharing

Really funny to read what I thought about yesterday night. I stopped all scraping actions as good as possible to reduce api calls made by clients accounts. It doesnt seem to be a limit that is being lifted after a short period of time since the accounts are still follow/like blocked now. But I definitely agree with you. The scenario of an API call limitation would make sense, especially for me since I was doing very little interactions in total, but on a high level of quality, which was mainly done through accurate and long scraping sessions. At the same time it would explain why the API block seems to be away after a short period of time when we reset the device ID or if we use the embedded browser. Additionally to all this it would explain why many users are not facing the current issue since they are not doing a massive load of scraping task to filter for HQ sources only.

I’m now hoping and waiting for the limitations to get lifted as it seems to take some time.
I have no idea how many API calls I did, thats the reason why I dont know how long I need to wait over what period of time. But I could imagine that it has something to do with the so called 6000/30 limit. Which might be connected to API calls and not only real actions in some way.

I’ll keep you guys updated on this.

1 Like

@Tacos, this would make perfectly sense.
It’s also what came up to my head at first.
Problems with API Calls --> Solution = Reduce API Calls

BUT sadly it just does not make sense with my affected profiles at all.
I have around 20 API-blocked-clients that only did liking (because they are follow blocked). That should be a minimal amount of scraping. No story Views and No comments, No like comments.
Then a few that did Liking and Story Views only.
Then a few that did Following additionally.
And around 100 that do the same or even use more tools with more strict filters and are working fine.
So for my 35-40 API-blocked-clients at least I cannot see a connection to the amount of API calls done.

But please keep us updated if reducing them works for you.
Thank you @fokus for doing the tests with very limited API calls.
:pray:

I would like to share one more thing with you that I think is very very interesting!
Maybe you can help me understand.
I have 19 slave accounts in my like exchange tool.
18 out of those 19 are doing 0 likes in the exchange tool since 2 days. Literally zero. But they are able to like with the EB (I tested for three accounts and made sure with my personal phone that the like sticked).
18 out of 19 API blocked accounts is a crazy high percentage.
And besides the Like Exchange Tool they are very different from each other.
Some of them do following besides the like exchange tool. Some doing Story Views. Some do Following and Story Views. Some to Following, Story Views and Liking Comments. Some do nothing but liking in the exchange tool. On purpose I kept it random so I am able to see connections when problems occur. But I cannot connect this to other tools or API Calls. Also because the Like Exchange Tool should be working just as “like posts of specific users” and therefore need almost no API calls if I am right.

Anyway, now it becomes interesting.
I added 10 more slaves yesterday. They are setup the exact same way as the others. Some do following some were completely paused because they are follow blocked since the 4th.
The only reason they were not in the Like Exchange tool is because there was no need for them to be. I didn’t need the likes at the moment.
Every single one of those 10 account is able to like in the Like Exchange tool.
And the only difference between those 10 and the 19 API blocked is, those 10 did not like anything in the past weeks.

With the data I have it feels like Instagram implemented a program learning tool that detects inauthentic activity and blocks API Calls of the specific device used.
I hope I am wrong…

Maybe they are running on the same proxy?

The question here might be: What were those accounts doing in the past 30 days? Maybe the API call limit doesnt depend on a daily limit, but on an average limit of the last months?

But in total you would say that those 10 accounts were doing much less than the accounts that are like blocked in the LE now during the past 30 days?

Then the question would be: What is inauthentic activity in the eyes of Instagram?
A daily usage of the account with some follow/unfollow below 200 per day each? I don’t think that.

Did you get totally blocked with some accounts, not only API, EB as well?

I have had accounts “blocked” more than 48 hours, they are not able to perform actions on EB, but client is able to perform actions on his side and if i reset ID they start working with 0 problems on my Software.

For how long? Weren’t the blocks not coming back?

They are all spread across different raw mobile proxies. Our own proxies. Same country as clients. Other accounts on the same raw mobile proxies are fine and not API blocked.
Can’t imagine it’s a proxy problem.

Nothing different than the others that are are not blocked. Some of them use less tools and filters than others.
But could be that IG does not roll this out for all accounts at the same time.

Yes, well they did not like at all. Therefore not API blocked. So I guess that shows that it has to do with the recent activity.
We just don’t know how…

Yes I have 2 clients that are completely blocked from liking, commenting and following since a few days. Those just started and did not do f/uf before. Far from the 6000/30 limit.
For those I just rest

I left one account around 60h stopped and it was not able to come back, i reseted ID and working again fine… What we need to figure out is what is causing this new Device/Api Block.

Do you think is because we make so many API calls? I have never used Scraping Accounts but it looks like is going to be needed. Are you using them?

Never used accounts to scrape

I have Accs with same volume (±) of API calls and 1/2 are blocked the other half is working nicely only via EB and really only 2/3 exception with same setting and proxies working via API with no problem!!

I can even confirm that some accs with less API calls are blocked however some with more are working VIA EB…

At this stade seem really very random, IG is testing testing and testing lets see what will come out next weeks.

I believe that there is something to be figured out with jarvee but not only that…

EDITED/ PS: device ID reset help make actions via EB with no blocks, some accs required me 2/3 device ID to work properly!!
For now 100% of the affected accs are working via EM…

5 Likes

Thanks for the update!
It will only work with only use EB to follow? Have you try use EB to follow when action blocked?

1 Like

For the accounts that can’t follow like and comment via the API, of course I checked manually on the EM and found that there is no problem. so the solution is to check theses options in the profile advanced settings:

Normally it should work but for me 50% of the accounts required a device ID reset as well…

BTW for the comment is not working anyway as we don’t have the option to comment only via EB in Jarvee!!
I tuned it off waiting to see what will happen if Jarvee update… or we figure out what is wrong exactly…
I don’t thing its related to the API calls volume as I explained in previous comments…
hop this help!

1 Like

@Tradewolf how can you tell if the acc has made an actions through the EB instead of API (after a device reset)? How can you tell the difference.

1 Like

simply because I set it in the setting, anyway can’t trough the API!
It’s a temporary solution

@Tradewolf is it considered safe anyways through EB?