Explore page hates Hashtags

I check my inbox :+1: @RaphaelReborn

Thanks for the reply Joy ! I will try it soon :wink:

1 Like

great breakdown!

2 Likes

While I completely agree with most of this, I’ve also had a similar experience as OP.
An account I was running a while ago would get all it’s reach from explore. It wasn’t going viral but that’s where it got the extra reach when a post was performing decently. After I started using hashtags the explore page reach completely 100% stopped, now all the extra reach was coming from hashtags.

There might be something to it?

3 Likes

Wow that’s stunning ! I don’t know how to “correct” this :hushed:

do the hashtags compensate for the views you got from the explore page?

Have a great day

1 Like

When you are “playing” to reach the explore you should not use # , that 's because:

No hashtags: The algho it’s free to optimize based on, who interacted with your account, who follows the accs who gave you likes, who have relationship with all the previous, who interact with the subjects in the pic (machine learning)

With Hashtags: The algho will optimize based on who use/follow/scroll that # mixing it with all the hashtags u used + with all the above :point_up:
If u use wrong # you’ll stop the viral effect.
However you are always increasing the variables and requiring more computing power…

So to keep it simple.

Viral Accs: Don’t use # leave the algho free (he’s always better than us to optimize).

Normal Accs: Use relevant hashtags as they will increase your exposure.

-edit- for Viral accs I mean accs that use powerlikes, story sharing etc etc

21 Likes

Thanks for the breakdown, it’s very important to be seen or have a presence in smaller hashtags if you are owning a smaller account than to have a small account and have zero presence in large hashtags.

2 Likes

This is nothing new it’s been going on since early 2018. Some people when using hashtags don’t even get on the explore page but get crazy hashtag reach

3 Likes

Sure Raphael :+1: But my name is Roy :smile:

3 Likes

AHAHA I am sorry, you just make me joyful maybe… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Normal accs are just botting account right ? Thanks a lot for your answer, so much value :innocent:

1 Like

Yes, botted/non botted, all the accs that doesn’t use powerlikes, story sharing etc. etc.

1 Like

Excellent explanation here! First time ever seeing the insightful breakdown of the reason behind this phenomenon :+1:

One thing though: by viral acc, do you mean accs which post viral videos for example, or just accs using powerlikes? As we all know, powerlikes don’t really work unless you have viral content?

And another thing: do you think a small “viral account” which is pretty new (<5k followers) would benefit from no hashtags strategy also? I know many bigger accounts (>100k followers) don’t use hashtags at all and are growing like crazy, but does the same strategy also apply to the small ones?

I get a lot of impressions by hashtags(1k to 30k) and just few of explore page(100-400).

I guess you have to test it. (3k account)

1 Like

I noticed a lot of accounts growing 2k a day & 50%+ ER don’t use hashtags. Maybe it really does favor you in explore in that case.

Maybe they’re getting tired of us growing using hashtags and are rewarding content they seem has more authentic reach without the use of hashtags

very useful advice.

2 Likes

Using Hashtags hasn’t really affected explore for me. Maybe I’m just a rare case

2 Likes

Explore page hates hashtags? That’s not true.