Facebook / Instagram / Messenger - f8 UPDATES

----------- FACEBOOK -----------

-Clear History
Clear facebook history (wipe yourself off someones pixel)
Built into the app and easy to access for users.

• Watch Party
    watch any and all video(s), including live, and chat with your friends live while it’s happening.

• New Group Tab
    Organize your groups easier

• Join Group Button
    add quick add button to websites, email, forms etc.

• Dating
    Find a relationship. Make a dating profile. No friends can see your profile, only new people not on your friendslist.

• Marketplace

-3d Photos
uploaded directly to the feed where you can “move” them

-3d posts
upload 3d objects, using AR you can place purchased items (if created by company) in real space. Lets say a TV in AR into the object.

• Taking facebook albums re-creating
    facebook re-creates your LIVE VR video built off existing facebook albums. re-creating a room or the area based off pixel distribution.

----------- INSTAGRAM -----------

• Explore (instagram)
    new design for topic channels. More focused on the things you’re interested in.

• Video Chat (instagram)
    Video chat enabled in instagram. Up to 4 people in a group. minimize and browse at the same time.

• AR Camera Effects (instagram)
    Anyone can build face filters and effects.If you follow | AR Camera Effects Platform. If you follow a brand or an instagram page you effects will pop up as something available to use. GAME instagram to follow your profile to gain access to AR filters

----------- Whats App -----------

• Group Video calling

• Whats App Business
    Tools for whats app business

----------- FB Messenger -----------

• Redesign of messenger
    New messenger very slimed down. Similar to iphone design

• AR Camera Effects
    available for FB Messenger as well

4 Likes

Topic Channels? Don’t like the sound of that, sounds like they are gonna pigeon hole thematic (non personal or purely business) accounts in there, and then, the Zukerberg organic exposure chokehold. I hope not.

Some googling gave me this:

The new Explore will organize suggested content into relevant topic channels, making it easier than ever to browse across your interests, while going deeper into any specific area.

Doesn’t sound bad in of itself, but its all about the execution and finer details around that.

Nothing that will kill IG F/U mentioned here though.

Wow, they copied Snapchat to a T. I guess that’s what zuck does when you build a social platform in his company lobby and then don’t sell at the price he wanted.

Snap lenses were something I was looking into having developed. It’ll be interesting to see how it can be integrated and how MP will (maybe) be able to emulate.

1 Like