Facebook is dead, Insta is dying (?), what's next?

Oh it’s not that kind of a platform. I don’t think there’s any point to spam it to get traffic. You either create amazing content, or you use the ads. Although it might be good if you’re running an affiliate for luxury watches… :wink:

This is exactly what Casey neistat is creating with his YT Studio in NYC. He is inviting all of the influencers there, and there is a lot of speculation, especially since he had such success with BEME, that he is going to branch into creating his own YT platform accomplishing exactly that.

2 Likes

Who is Casey Neistat?

Famous vlogger on Youtube. Just google him and check out some of his content.

Well, thats interesting… I think he’s quite smart and knows a lot about social dynamics so he might have a good idea. I think social media at the moment is actually… quite undeveloped in some terms. All the platforms are good for small scale simple interactions but the big ones really fail at any complicated topics. One of the reasons of simplified and stupid political debates by citizens is that platforms like twitter and facebook are just not suited for complex topics.

Now that you mention that… check out https://www.kialo.com/ - Very interesting platform for complex discussions and debates.

1 Like

A social network on the blockchain will emerge, it will have no ads and it will be completelly organic. Users will get rewarded for their content, so the competition will be to create better content. Just my $0.02.

4 Likes

I have the same thoughts.
Since the last summer I’m waiting for something like this. There are a few pretty solid projects out there, but nothing has made significant impact until this day.

1 Like

Steem looked promising, but I think they’re gonna do ads too, so…
Which ones are you thinking about?

Steem as well, and that alternative to youtube named Dtube.
I have seen some other several months ago, but forgot which ones.

I remember they said facebook dead in 2013, pinterest, and others would take over. It won’t die yet. Like it or not, nothing on the horizon so far will overtake it. Reality…if anything they will just get bigger or stay the same – 4 times bigger than any other outlet.

2 Likes

Sorry for the necro post, but found another new social media app today with a unique premise!

The app requires users to swipe (it’s name for browse) through people’s posts, liking, unliking, commenting etc. For each action you get 1 app credit. You can then use your credits to promote your post! (100 credits = your post seen by 100 people, etc). Very interesting!

Check it out: https://veeu.co/

EDIT: Oh, and forgot to mention - You can trade likes on your posts for real world goodies - Amazon vouchers, etc.

4 Likes