FOLLOWER drop on December 3?

Anyone else noticed a follower drop on December 3? I lost about 100+ followers in one account and 100 in another (20-50k accounts) not much, but I never lost that many followers in a day.

Plus I have different content in each page so it’s not a particular offensive post or something

Thanks guys, let me know please!

2 Likes

Can confirm. Happend to my 872k account as well. Lost 1000 followers in a day. Instagram is purging.

1 Like

Noticed a big chunk literally vanish in one refresh a profile page, crazy stuff indeed. Not that uncommon, but never fun to see.

2 Likes

Yes also, - 367 :thinking:

1 Like

Same here! 150 or so on a 73k account.

1 Like

all my accounts dropped hundreds but gained 2 times normal amount

one would think a total number would fall for all. Yet, still growing massive even today. Never have i witnessed it nor been in one like this before.

that is an example of what I mean. strange af. All of this points out it may not be a purge but insights f’ed u. Some sort of delay mix up. December 2nd saw no real growth.

2 Likes

Same here.

What I noticed in addition is a delay - For example our follows done today showed up as yesterday or vice versa.

1 Like

can confirm, followers drop on most of our accounts. Cheers for this thread, can use it as reference to my complaining clients :slight_smile:

1 Like

Kim Kardashian, easy

1 Like

They are cleaning like crazy, fucking idiots, now getting damn messages from all clients, and they keep cleaning every few days

I can confirm as well

I feel you. Growth was dead the last 2 days for me. We need to chill for a couple of days.

1 Like

Don’t know if it’s related, but the past 3 days have been absolutely weird in terms of engagement and growth as well, from a manual perspective.

Normally I’ll like/follow/comment a bunch of users, and at least get some sort of reciprocation. If not a follow, then just a few likes or at least a comment like, but the past 3 days about 90% of my interaction has gone completely unnoticed, to that point that I wonder if they’re testing out some form of account hiding for all interactions.

Probably unrelated but it happened at the exact same time as followers dropping with a refresh. Maybe it’s a server glitch and those interactions were actually hidden by the same issue causing follower count display to drop? Highly doubtful but just theorizing because shit is weird this week.

2 Likes

Issues at Instagram seem to spike again on the down detector. Anyone?

1 Like

Haha yea they fucked up things again, Instagram is more time down then up, what a bunch of idiots

1 Like

You guys should be happy they purge fake followers.
Who wants fake followers?

1 Like

Pff, you are happy because you don’t know how to make money from fake followers

4 Likes

Insights caught up and now accurate it seems. they purged heavy Excellent <3

I had accounts that only saw the drop today… had great growth on Dec 3rd.
Not sure why / but it is not over for everyone yet.

1 Like

that seems to be the cycle for this purge. Way different than other purges of the past.