Gary Vaynerchuk Thinks We're Clowns

I use the 1.80 strategy(By itself) growth is slow but it works and it drives the engagement up on your account. What i would tell people to do is like the comments on the posts you comment on as well this will get other accounts attention as well so I was getting 20-30 followers a day off this strategy. Next what I would tell users to do is run a like strategy as well and like those accounts content as well, So they are getting comment likes from you and also getting regular likes. To top it off leave a comment on their account as well this brings so much attention to your account and the follower growth I got was 50-90 followers a day that were highly engaging followers. But that’s enough of the secret sauce I am giving away lol

24 Likes

wow thats great! thanks for sharing your insight and results from it.

1 Like

I think he’s referring to people expecting to get famous and millions followers by ONLY doing follow/unfollow, not about whether or not follow/unfollow works.

3 Likes

that is more likely what he was meaning not to mention Follow/unfollow engagement can be bad if you make it all about you and your account and don’t show any love to others

1 Like

Wouldn’t buy too much into this.

Follow/Unfollow gets you decent results basically for free, that’s almost a fact, probably almost everyone on this forum knows that from their own experience.

GV has offered tons of value and is maybe the original prototype of a social media influencer. That doesn’t mean we should buy into everything he says like he’s our cult leader.

Think for yourself. Does Follow/Unfollow work for you? Yes? Then do it.

7 Likes

I like Gary Vee’s advice. In comparison to the mother/slave method the 1.80$ strategy is not capable of giving you 1mio+ followers, but can be used at a different place in your business. Its a great strategy to drive sales to your page or to grow a personal brand. You even can combine it with automation strategies. That is actually the best because commenting in a human way and giving unique value is something you cannot automate (so far as AI is not that good yet). When you dont have time for that strategy you can hire a VA to do that. You can explain him everything he needs to know about your products, services, etc. and he is acting like a helpful sales agent or a modern secretary. So this isnt fitting for everyone so you have to do your own Invest/outcome calculation.

3 Likes

Clowns are cool and pretty sure Gary Vagina puts stuff out there to get a rise out of people like most guru marketers.

2 Likes

If he is referring to influencers and business accounts he’s absolutely right. I’ve been paying attention to his content team more lately and they are smart @anthonyy and @dunk both run big engagement groups with a handful of accounts which I think influenced him to do his 60secondclub Strategy a while back.

6 Likes

I don’t like “guru” type marketers, but he does have a point for business accounts.

1 Like

I agree with @intadog on this one, saying something controversial gets press and people talking.
I’m sure many of us did not know who the guy was until he made this broad and controversial comment. If we are talking about it then others are too and his value goes up.

It’s called PR.

1 Like

I don’t get a clue why everybody thinking he is the guy that can give advices to any business, I do not think he is the someone who know much about business at all.
He talk talk talk talk and don’t do, what’s the point of his “entrepreneur” thing? talk? I don’t saw that he did something physically besides talking.
The person is literally the motivate speaker and thats all.

2 Likes

Give me hunder mills to my bank account, 20 mills subscribers on YT, 10 mills on the instagram, some shitty film maker that would film the thing that I would say to him, told anyone that I’m an entrepreneur guru and after that my retarded tweet: “guys whos doing follow-unfollow methods are beast, respect!” - will be retweeted all around the world. But this not make me a business guru and the entrepreneur at all, just a guy who talks. Hilarious that people take his(and other alternative persons) speeches seriously.

2 Likes

Do a research before talking bad about someone else.

He built up from ground a marketing agency call ‘VaynerMedia’ which has yearly revenue of $100 mil+.

If that guy doesn’t know anything about business, please tell me one who does. Maybe you?

How do you think he got famous then? Suddenly out of nowhere the guy got millions of followers around the world and became a multi-millionaire?

You should not judge people like that.

12 Likes

Looool. I 100% agree with @LightningKing - Gary Vee build up everything from the ground and knows his shit - @outstanding1, you seem like someone who is very quick to judge :wink:

4 Likes

Before the $100M agency, Gary would probably doing F/UF.

4 Likes

Something to keep in mind is the fact that Gary has a team creating his content for him. If I had a team creating content for me, I wouldn’t do follow/unfollow either quite honestly- I wouldn’t need to do follow/unfollow if I was putting out 4-6 professionally recorded and edited posts every single day on 1000 platforms (lol).

His opinions are things that should be taken into account, but he shouldn’t be used as someone to compare things to, as behind the scenes situations are completely different.

Also, he should be looked as as a content creator/consultant- not an agency owner or anything else, because his employees run the agency, he does “free” consulting in the form of social media posts and he does high-ticket paid consulting for people who just want reassurance that what they’re doing is the right thing (think Instagram influencers with 1 million+ followers who pay to talk to him at his office).

5 Likes

Pretty sure he runs the agency and also puts in work :wink: but yeah of course his team helps him a lot but he earned that help.

1 Like

All these ‘if I had x’ comments on this thread :confused:

If I had 20 million followers
If I had a whole team
If I had a marketing agency

That dude didn’t have all that stuff fall from the sky lol, he built it all from the ground up, took risks and eventually made it.

‘if’ critique is so stupid.

If you think it is that easy, why don’t you do it yourself? I don’t think that Gary Vee had any big advantages over you when he was starting out.

Please stop making up excuses.

8 Likes

So many people just decide on their own he’s not actually running his own business. Where are you even getting these ideas from? Yes he spends a lot of time filming content, but why does that mean he can’t run his own company?

He has an inspiring backstory that he used in turning himself into a worldwide marketing guru while creating a successful company. Doesn’t sound too bad to me.

People berating him because “he’s nothing special”.
If it was easy everyone would do it.

2 Likes

oh really? just read about his dad and about his family. Who they are and where $ come from. You guys so naive…

1 Like