Great tool for generating hundreds of good looking text images

Like many here, I make a lot of text on image posts to social media. Quotes, etc.

I was sick of doing copy and paste, but still wanted a way to create a high quality output. I didn’t want to pay for expensive software like Illustrator or InDesign, which would be the obvious choice.
After quite a bit of a hunt I found an online programme called Lucidpress. It’s basically a mail merge for graphic files.

You create the template, put in holder text where you want the text to be and then connect it to a CSV file. It then generates unique images for each row of the CSV. This will save me hours and still create awesome looking images.

It costs $5 a month, but you can get a 14 day trial if you sign up for the team version. That’s more than enough time to generate thousands of images.

Here’s how it works:

1. Sign up for a Lucidpress account. Agree to the extended trial.
  2. Choose a template and set-up the graphics. They have a couple of Insta templates to build from.
  3. Create a text field.
  4. Go to ‘Insert’ > 'Mail Merge Field"
  5. Type in the name of the column you want to use. It’s got to match exactly so stick to one word.
  6. Create your spreadsheet in Google Sheets/Excel/Etc and then save it as a CSV file.
  7. Go back to Lucidpress and click ‘Download’ in the top right corner.
  8. Select PNG or JPEG in the ‘Format’ drop down
  9. Click on ‘Choose file’ in the dialog box that opens on the right hand side.
  10. Click ‘Download’

The tool will then cycle through each line of the CSV and generate each of the images for you. Done!

5 Likes

Thank you for this.