[Guide] Best time to post on Instagram

What to Consider First ?

To figure out your own best time to post on Instagram, first take a look at these two major factors:

1. Your target follower demographics:

Adults who work the typical 9-to-5 job might be more likely to look at Instagram in the morning, whereas college kids who stay out late and pull all-nighters might be slightly more active on Instagram during those off hours.

Identifying your target audience can be a first step toward figuring out what time of day they like to check Instagram.

2. Time zone differences:

If you’ve got followers or a target audience from all over the world, then posting at specific times of day may not get you the same results as if you had followers who mostly all live around the same time zone.

For example, if most of your followers are from North America living in the typical North American time zones of Pacific (PST), Mountain (MST), Central (CST), and Eastern (EST), you could start experimenting with starting to post on Instagram around 7 a.m. EST and stopping around 9 p.m. PST (or 12 a.m. EST).

50% of the U.S. population is in the Eastern Time Zone, and the Eastern and Central combined represent almost 80% of the U.S. population.

Time Slots to Try

Despite all these different findings, you won’t know exactly what works best until you start experimenting and keeping track of engagement results. Again, it all depends on your target audience and how you’re using Instagram to connect with your followers.

You can start by experimenting with the following time slots for posting on Instagram:

Mornings, 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
Morning hours are a good time to post because everyone is just waking up. Most people can’t resist checking their phones to see what they missed while they were asleep. After 9:00 a.m., however, you may see a bit of a drop in engagement due to regular work and school hours.

Midday, 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Around the lunch hour is when people get a break to do what they want; that often includes checking social media.

Evenings, 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. After school and work, people get the chance to relax. People may start checking their phones while they sit in transit or in front of the TV just before dinnertime. Just be aware that you may be better off posting earlier around 5:00 p.m. or later at 7:00 p.m. rather than right in the middle (6:00 p.m.) when a lot of people are commuting home from work or eating dinner.

Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays seem to have the highest engagement according to the research sources above. Track the amount of likes and comments you get for each time slot and make adjustments as needed.

read more (dont want make the forum spammy ) :slight_smile:
https://coschedule. com/blog/best-times-to-post-on-social-media/
https://www.lifewire. com/best-time-of-day-to-instagram-3485858

5 Likes

Nice copy pasta. Please go back and try again.

@ian Nice spot mang.

4 Likes

Is this still valid with the new algorithm?

Mannnnn that is smooth haha how is it noticeable? I mean I kind of got a blog article kind of vibe from it, but I wasn’t sure.

@ian is just that good.

@ian :pray: I see

hey, try to speak nice man, I shared for other,

Don’t include the link because it looks spammy.

if you want, I can give the links to the sources

Does the word “please” not pass as nice these days? If you get the info from another source, you should not pass it off as your own. Say, “Hey, read this great blog over here”. Then sum it up as you did but credit the source.

Be careful though, some peoples bullshit detectors go off and we will call people out on it. Lots of people do that just for the backlinks, so we (well not me so much today as I was out and about) usually catch it pretty quick. Original content is best.

Hell, just out your own twist on it with whatever you have also discovered.

2 Likes

try to contribute something,

You wanna become a cop ???

I bring some value to here, for someone who dont know, and you keep saying something like I’m a terrorist ?

1 Like

Be careful buddy, best motto to live by is don’t take on the fellow with the old man as a profile pic :laughing: @wortime

1 Like

Ok guy, I posted the text link in the post,

So anyone who want to read futher can visit to these links,

1 Like

Easy there turbo.

Read what I said, you joined 4 days ago. If you don’t like how this place operates, then,well. fine I’m a fucking cop.

Again, read what I wrote, either link to the article or change it. Simple.

Paranoid much?

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for doing that. It’s just how things work around here kind of.

actually your posts look kind of spammy.

Instead saying about the topic, you try to say too much off-topic.

come on, man,

Let talk about what is the best time to post on Insta.

that’s the purpose I want to know when I make this post, nothing more.

he is a cop…dirty harry…

1 Like

@Maxiqboy

For a better idea of when to post, you can use some free analytics.

1 Like

Sir I need access to where you find these perfection quality gifs

Next time, try to comment : Source, please.

I can make it in 1 second, and we dont waste any time try to make our own point to each others

Happy ending.

I got popcorn ready…this is fun to watch :slight_smile:

1 Like

LOL 13 more chars

1 Like