[GUIDE] Researching Competitors on Instagram

another basic guide. hope you enjoy. Wrote this in my free time before breakfast

Research is one of my greatest skills and it should be one of yours too! In this guide, I’ll go over the use of Google Dorks and a few other methods for gathering information.

Google Dorks
“A Google dork query, sometimes just referred to as a dork, is a search string that uses advanced search operators to find information that is not readily available on a website. Google dorking, also known as Google hacking, can return information that is difficult to locate through simple search queries.” That should be enough of an explanation. If you don’t understand what this means, Google Dorks are there to help you get more specific searches/results.

For Example, site:instagram.com + “memes” will bring back all the results on Instagram that have the word “memes” in them. You can use this method for gathering source accounts. You can also do this to see what those who are dominating your niche are doing

1. Watching Your Competitors
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/565551029245182007/566205437150756864/unknown.png
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/565551029245182007/566205600648658944/unknown.png

[IN THE EVENT THE PICTURE IS DELETED, JUST CONTINUE ONTO THE NEXT PART. THE PICTURES ARE NOT NEEDED BUT ARE THERE TO SUPPORT THE CLAIM]

I could add a couple more examples but these two speak for themselves. They both have something in common and show up when you search them on Instagram. Hint: It’s the title. Whenever you search memes their accounts will show up. Why? Because these are large accounts at the top of the memes niche and not only are they at the top they also they can also stay at the top by ranking organically. There are also pages with 14k followers in the top few accounts that show up when you search “memes”. You should look at their posts and take notes. These people are probably experts with Instagram and they know the in’s and outs of it.

1. Experimenting
    When you see an established account do something repeatedly that usually means it works. People don’t usually get lucky and end up with 3mil followers. Whenever they do something different from what you do, write it down and ask yourself, “why do they do this? Why do I do this”. You have to know what you’re trying to get from doing something. If you don’t know why you do something, you should probably test out a few other things and see how it goes.

2. Extra Tip
    I know I posted this in my other guide but I’ll post it here too.

I personally use hypeauditor.com to analyze my competitor’s account. With hypeauditor you can get unlimited searches by going into incognito and doing a search with 10-minute mail anytime you need one. With this method it is free and you are not risking your account.

that concludes it. If you can, please give feedback. I’d like to know what I could improve in the guides I write to make them better.

15 Likes

This is a golden nugget. Thanks buddy. I research on my competitors with the help of Jarvee. But I think this approach of yours is much more effective.

1 Like

Some great tips there, thanks so much for sharing :smile:

1 Like

Nice guide, google is always very useful when you’re searching for anything really. But if you want the biggest and best amount of information from your competitors, you should try to scrape Instagram data. Of course you need some sort of tool to do this, you can code it yourself if you know how to or hire someone to do it for you.

Yea, I’m working on a way to scrape the users so I can gather nfo

1 Like

Here we go @Koba

1 Like

great guide mate, thanks for sharing this. the google dorks queries are gold mine
I noted though that is not possible using 10 minute mail for hypeauditor. They display something like this: You are not allowed to use disposable mail in our services.

Thanks Bro <3

Maybe it got patched, you might be able to use a cock.li email or something for it

1 Like

tried with cock.li and they displayed same message: do not use disposable mail :confused:
I really wanted to see several hypeauditor reports

I use the advance search : https://www.google.com/advanced_search

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing!!