How do you boost your productivity? Tricks, Tips and Hacks

Hello all,

When I used to have my day job, I had little time. I thought more time will equal massive growth for my SMM.

I quit in December '18. It’s been 4 months I’m at SMM full-time and whilst its growing. I find myself wasting a ton of time. I tried experimenting with a lot of productivity hacks in the past and now I’m back at it.

It was hard to adjust from working within a team to my living room. Going from very social to pretty much not social at all.

Here’s what I do right now that helps me focus (not in a specific order):

1. Nootropics

Modafinil, Phenylpiracetam and noopept is what I’m experimenting with. I tried Aniracetam as well. I stack it with fish oil in the morning and some Alpha GPC. I find this is my nr1 booster for productivity.

Aniracetam and Noopept seem to have 0 effects. Modafinil - next 14h will be like on rocket fuel. Mad shit, tho a bit worried about taking it more than 3-4 times per week. Phenylpiracetam makes me laser focused too. But again, worried about health side effects if using regularly.

2. Music

Surprisingly, I can work better when I listen music.

3. Trying to wake up/sleep at the same time. Having a morning/evening routine

So I have a coach who keeps telling me this is super important. Yet I’m failing to stick with it :smiley: How the hell can I make this work? Is it even worth it?

4. Meditation

I used to do it daily, but sort of dropped out 2-3 months ago. I do think it was worth it and want to start again.

5. About to test working from different cafe’s and other spaces.

I find it hard to focus when I’m at home next to my desk all day. Is it just me? As soon as I leave, I feel an urge to do things! But when I come back, that urge goes away. So I find taking my laptop to a cafe does seem to help the urge stay sustained.

Lastly, I try to use my calendar, todoist and trello to plan and work on tasks. Trying to exercise daily (failing…) and to surround myself with smart and dedicated people (mpsocial presence obviously :smiley: )

A lot of times I find myself knowing what I need to do. And want to do it. But just keep NOT doing it. So annoying!

Would be super interesting to find out what strategies and tricks you guys use?

16 Likes

Great tips! When I am stressed, I go to play piano for 30mins :smiley:

3 Likes

I wish I knew how to play a piano :smiley: I guess it does kinda relate to meditation though.

3 Likes

ur not the only one boss. Nothing brings me more focus than changing location especially when its a place with a lot of ppl (ex starbucks) . I feel like the ppl are “energy” waves that just help u focus its weird .

9 Likes

You’re not the only one who feels that :grin::+1:

2 Likes

Yea, I never knew how to word it, but it makes so much sense. Been doing it once or twice per week but I think I’ll start to do it more often :smiley:

2 Likes

I actually have the opposite problem, I don’t know what to do besides working. I’m just used to work all day, both on my main job and on Internet Marketing. Also, I always have to be doing something, else I go crazy.

4 Likes

Working is good, but are you actually productive? Like really getting shit done? :smiley: What’s your secret sauce!!

Anyway, I think bad habits play a big role here too. Like gaming and youtube, those can easily consume my entire day if not being careful. I wish I could remove that from my life… :smiley:

5 Likes

This is where I’m at as well. Even when I’m “relaxing” on weekends I’m still working, lol.

3 Likes

Change of environment is huge for me.

When I am stagnant at my desk having NOT progressed for 30 mins:

• I go for a walk
  • I do push-ups
  • pull-ups
  • meditate,
  • call up my cousin (my best friend)

Then for some reason, that gives me clarity or energy to get back into the zone with work.

Having 3-5 things MAX for the day is huge btw.
Make this list the night before and you are IN THE ZONE every day.

And focus on doing the biggest task (or Frog) first is awesome. (Look up Eat That Frog by Brian Tracy)

Or listen to Brian Tracy here:

9 Likes

Regular breaks. I find grinding more doesn’t make me more effective at completing tasks. Stepping away from my desk every 60-90 minutes for 10m or so makes a huge difference in productivity

5 Likes

I use the “Pomodoro Technique” https://francescocirillo.com/pages/pomodoro-technique

It really helps me a lot.

You choose a task. Work on that for 25 minutes. That must be easy, it is only 25 minutes. In these 25 minutes you should concentrate for 100%. So no emails, no Whatsapp, no Facebook. Just concentrate on your task and do only that. After 25 minutes you take a short break. After that you start again.
After doing this 4 times you can take a longer break.

You can use a kitchen timer, but there are also apps for this method.

I was sceptical myself first. But was amazed how much work can be done if you really concentrate for 25 minutes.

13 Likes

This seems to be a thing for a few people, I will use that a lot going forward since the summer is around the corner :slight_smile:

I’ve been trying to do that, but when the day slips out due to unforseen circumstances. Seems like all else lose meaning a bit. You know? But yea, it’s very effective.

I’ve read all of his books! Big fan of the fella. But it’s not always easy to start with the biggest task :smiley: I find deadlines to be very motivating though.

Often, it’s so easy to go and work on something like tidying up the house, doing dishes, organising etc.

Hmm, I tend to sit down and work all day, often forget to eat too. Seems this might be a problem. While I get a lot done on that day, I seem to burn out and not be so effective the day after it.

How do you push yourself to take breaks when you are feeling like achieving? :smiley:

Heard this a few times, but never really got around to trying it. How long have you used it for? Might give it a go!

2 Likes

Every day! I use: http://www.tomighty.org/ It’s free.

3 Likes

Eating Kellogs :blush:

1 Like

Same here. I cant “chill” anymore and doing something not productive bores me most of the time.

For me, I cut out multitasking and clear my mind of all the things I need to do on paper. Any little thing. They all add up.

If you listen to music, stop listening to music with lyrics, it will throw off your focus to the words they are saying.

I listen to classical music when working it helps so much more. Makes me feel like I’m in medieval times with advanced knowledge. Lol

Make sure to do NOTHING on Sundays. Relax, read, walk on the beach, anything that isn’t WORK. GRIND GRIND GRIND 6 days of the week but Sundays rest. It’s like working out every single day you need to eventually rest or you’ll overtrain.

Also, another help with productivity is to journal. Journal everything. Have a written conversation with yourself. Put down every single task you can possible think of to clear your mind. EVERYTHING. Have a peace of mind that you can’t think of anything else you need to do, that’s comforting for me.

Pomodoro technique helps a lot. Channeling your focus for a burst of 25 min is huge. We tend to over complicate simple tasks.

Question for discussion:

Did the greatest minds in history journal because they were geniuses, or were they geniuses because they journaled?

:slight_smile:

6 Likes

I like Yoga. I spend 30-60 minuts every morning but then I have alot energy. But I don’t recommend to start it without trainer.

1 Like

this is me too. Got TV, netflix, cable – don’t watch it. Got the ocean near – im white as casper the ghost.
Work( my job), Instagram, Internet Client stuff, code.
hell, even when I go use the restroom – phone goes too

3 Likes

So jealous.

I actually did that a few times haha. Or some ‘focus’ playlists on spotify. Also work well!

Journalling is a good one. Should probably start again. Used to write one every so often, but I seem to drop good habits when I have a lot of stress :smiley:

I would like to think it’s because they were journalling, but we might not be quiet right on that. I guess we will never know :smiley:

Need to reach this soon!

4 Likes