How do you boost your productivity? Tricks, Tips and Hacks

I personally do very few but important things to increase my productivity. I actually call it general state of mind.

That’s how I get into this:

1. I take as much sleep as my body needs. That means I dont use an alarm clock as I mentioned in another thread. I wake up naturally with the flow of my sleeping cycles.

2. I work out almost every day. Not just because I like it but also because it is my passion. By the way I’m 22. Maybe the huge amount of testosteron plays also a big role in making me running into the gym like a wild gorilla everyday. Just kidding. I’m doing fitness for over 10 years now.

3. I eat healthy and have a balanced diet. That means not 100% healthy but enough good nutrients as my body and mind neeeds.

4. I meditate and read every morning. Moreover I have something like a vision board where I write down my goals with picture attacheched to it. To not get stucked in the dreaming part I also take care of the practical aspect. I write down why I want to achieve something, how and when with an exact date. I view this every morning and add some things if necessary.

5. I adjust my music taste to my state of mind. Personally I listen a lot of techno, hardstyle and other hard music. I’m not taking drugs I have to say clearly. I listen to this music because it fits the level of energy which I get from the points mentioned above. At the end of the day this music is supporting my energy and is even increasing it. For me its like a symbiosis. I just listen to this hard music when I’m waking up, working out or when I’m walking around outside. When I work at my desk I listen to more relaxed techno/electronic music.

Because of that, everyday I’m excited to work and get things done. It’s not that hard to be productive and motivated when you take care from the beginning to get in the right state of mind.

A well built house needs a good foundation.

13 Likes

In combination with the pomodoro technique, it is really helpful when you record yourself (screen) while doing your tasks.

It’s really good to analyze your work method and optimize some routines. Also, it forces you to do the work and not to do other stuff.

I usually upload it instant on youtube, so i can easily watch it and create a lot of content for my future me.

4 Likes

Awesome stuff @roy ! I too have a perfect morning/evening & overall day routine. The problem is, I tend to skip it more often than I should :slight_smile: Are you able to execute this 100% every single day? Or it’s a bit of a hit and miss?

This is really interesting, I have unlimited cloud storage on my google photos so could give this a go. Do you actually find time to rewatch your actions though? As if, is it worth it spending that 25min looking at your actions rather than doing more work? Thanks!

2 Likes

okay what is up with this new generation?
Pomodoro Technique ?
just studied it for about 10 minutes. jeez – dude makes it sound like its his idea.
well, other had that idea too – just did not put a copyright on it.
Jim Rohn was a mentor of mine as well as a personal friend –
'http://files.meetup.com/1792202/TheLawOfSowingAndReaping_JimRohn.pdf

‘don’t spend major time on minor things’ …

another that changed my life in my early 20’s

8 Likes

bro i freaking love this analogy. I love the bible too. Jim rohn is the man!!!

Keep Sowing that Seed!!! Good ground is everywhere!!!

1 Like

I would say I’m doing it 80-90% of the year. Back in the days I got upset when I missed out the exact routine but now I feel great about when I dont do it sometimes. When I have the strict routine over a very long period of time I find myself limited in possibilities and freedom. The routine helps me a lot but I need some days and phases where I wake up and drink a whole bottle of ice tea and eat a bunch of chocolate for example. Without a specific reason. Just because I can. Sometimes I have to let go of the routine and have a bit of “creative chaos”. I want to keep the child alive in me because that is what gives me creativity, a different view on things and room for innovation. As I mentioned above I wake up naturally thats why I like to work with my mind and body instead of against it. So when I have the feeling the routine is limiting me at the moment I listen to my gut and dont do it or at least not the exact same way.

Edit: Really powerful habit I forgot is I take cold showers in the morning. With that one of the first things I do in the day is stepping out of the comfort zone. Meanwhile I really like cold showers, cant miss this fresh feeling after it anymore. But turning the switch to cold after stepping out of the warm bed requires overcoming everytime.

4 Likes

You don’t have to watch it everytime. For e.g. you can watch it when you are on the way to something or have to wait somewhere. Or just upload it and if you are struggling in the future with the exact or similar task and you don’t remember how to do this, than you can look at your videos

1 Like

I usually try to do one thing at a time. For example, if I know I need to work on more quality sources (optimization) for some specific accounts in a niche, I try to stick to that task.

Usually when I have lots of things to do, I tend to start lots of tasks but not finish them.
Concentrating on only one task at a time helped my productivity; another benefit of it is that you get to tick something off your to-do list :slight_smile:

Jim Rohn is THE man. He makes today’s “online gurus” look like preschoolers in terms of knowledge and advice.

1 Like

Smoke some weed when the situation gets hard lol

1 Like

3 Likes

stopping to play computer games in my freetime changed a lot for me.

I take some fresh air, had a walk for 30mins and get back to work :slight_smile:

1 Like

This might sound simple and repetitive , but FOCUS on ONE THING.

Analogy from weight loss to making money , when it really hurts while exercising , you feel it was so much easier to just not eat that damn burger than work it off.
Not doing bad stuff is way easier than reversing it’s bad effects.

Eliminate everything from your life that’s not moving-needle-forward work.
Energy is all there is , nobody has more than you , nobody has lesser than you , it’s all about channeling constructively.
Winners don’t really have more energy than you , they just focus it better.
Oh yes also look into NoFap , (for guys only) .wink

Cheers

3 Likes

Def gonna try out the Pomodoro Technique, sounds good to have a clear task and no distractions.

2 Likes

Super hard not to get distracted - I usually use one browser for work and one browser for when I’m procrastinating - but dealing with people in my life who distract me from my goals is a different story.

Never tried Yoga, but I’ve been pushing myself to wake up at 7am, go out for a run - 10min or so, then stop at a nice location. Do 7min workout (HIIT - very popular apps out there) and then run back. Takes me roughly 30min, but I feel much better if I do this every 2 days or so. One day… Every day :smiley:

This is the biggest problem for me personally. If I don’t use the alarm, I tend to wake up 10-11am. And I naturally prefer to stay awake until 1-2am. I tend to sleep 9-10h which doesn’t make sense…

Sweet stuff! I came back today to write about my progress as been basically doing exactly that for around 7 days :slight_smile: I can see a dramatic improvement in my productivity levels. I used to be so stressed about cooking, but it’s actually quiet quick and easy to prepare healthy food and it keeps me going for hours!

Yea, recently I’ve been switching off all social platforms and keep as few websites open as possible. Not allowing myself to drift helped a lot!

I’ve read the book about this, good stuff, did you see it?

That’s the only one I haven’t tried yet. But I find that lately by writing out my daily tasks and switching off all distractions like skype/slack/whatsapp or anything social helps me stay focused for hours. Also I think exercising and healthy diet as well as medidation has a massive impact here too.

Don’t do that man :smiley: Have 1 browser and as few tabs as possible.

2 Likes

Figure out your sleep chronotype and adjust your schedule accordingly (do a Google search).

1 Like

A very simple way to organize your day (but that actually works): https://twitter.com/levelsio/status/908833499452514309

A lifetime hack I would also add: Know how to use keyboard shortcuts on your tools (Chrome Browser, text editor, Excel…). You’ll spend 30 minutes learning them, few days of implementation, but it will save you weeks in the long run. Imagine how many times a day you need to switch between tabs, copy an URL, hit the go back button… That’s a quick 10% productivity boost.

You have also many apps for blocking any social media while working. I took back at least one hour a day of my life thanks to News Feed Eradicator. I also recommend Station, for only staying on the app stack you need (and using shortcuts for switching between them).

Even if Gmail started to roll out this feature recently, I also use Gorgias for answering rapidly emails with quick text and shortcuts. Saves me hours every week!

Another way to stop wasting time is by using a password manager (I use Dashlane, but you have many other). Never fill out a form again, and stop searching for your credit cards or passport number when you need to buy something online.

4 Likes

One thing that i just started doing includes actually tracking your time throughout the day. By being honest, you can actually see how much time you actually spend working, sleeping, and doing stuff you don’t need to do. I find it helpful as I get a visual of how my time is actually being spend and not just wondering how it’s being spend. Just like with IG and money, the more data you have, the easier it is to asses the issues and come up with productive solutions.

This website https://lauravanderkam.com/manage-your-time/ gave me a spreadsheet that made it easy to track time I had spent. Just scroll down and you should see some links to excel/google sheets in intervals of 15min and 30min. Try it out for a week and see how it goes. (You don’t have to do it every week, maybe just once every few months to get a sense of how your time is being used

2 Likes