How important is "Resting a botted Account"

Hey guys,

basically I am botting many accs for m/c strategy and was wondering how important it is to give each account rest days (e.g 1-2 days/week). I’ve heard mixed opinions about this. I know it makes sense to do so, as no IG user is following and unfollowing everyday, but some experienced marketters apparently don’t rest them at all… They say it doesn’t matter…

Any opinions? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes. you just have to figure out for your own. As many things in IG marketing it depends on various factors (Acc quality, Proxy quality, Amount of Actions, Links, …) But as you say you have a lot of accounts just try one with rest day and one without rest day then you will know what works for your setup.

5 Likes

Definitely what @kripke said. In the end seeing what works for you, with your setup is the only things that matters.

I’m not entirely sure about doing a rest day. If the point is to mimic an active IG users doing loads of actions each day, wouldn’t it be weird to do loads 6 days a week and completely stop the 7th? But a recurring argument is to make the behavior unpredictable, and in a way that is unpredictable, so perhaps it is the smartest thing to do? Guess we just have to experiment.

4 Likes

Ok yeah thanks guys, that’s what I’m currently doing, testing different acc providers, different acc creation methods, different proxies and different settings, just thought it would be nice to hear experienced guys’ opinions :smiley:

2 Likes

I only rest randomly. Maybe every two weeks I’ll turn it all off for a day. But I don’t have resting as apart of my routine :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Besides the health of the accounts, I find sometimes just randomly switching it off all together every 2 weeks is a great way to also minimize anxiety or fear that something could go wrong.

For example, managing accounts a digital nomad can be stressful on days when traveling… You’re in the air, traveling across multiple timezones, no way of knowing or checking on the VPS. It’s good to just switch it off all together on these types of days.

5 Likes

But couldn’t that create a pattern if all accs rest on exactly the same days… or am I being too crazy haha :hushed:

2 Likes

Depending on how many accounts you have i manually rest my accounts randomly or if i see a few more blocks / PV’s than normal.

I also have all my accts set with nightmode with random wakeup / sleep times.

3 Likes

I never rest on exactly the same day… I simply just do it on days of traveling or when I personally want to take a day off all together

2 Likes

What I meant is that you rest all your accounts at the same time… thought this might cause a pattern or something…

3 Likes

I am using gmt2, sadly they don’t offer much randomization… The schedule stays exactly the same… :frowning: no way to randomize, unless you do that manually every day lol…

3 Likes

ah yes, that’s a good point

1 Like

Ahhh that’s abit of a bummer! Maybe mention that to the dev its pretty important i would say or is it already in the pipeline?

2 Likes

Already did, but people seem to need other things more than that for some reason (e.g. cancel followrequests lol) don’t know how that is more important haha

2 Likes

I don’t rest any accounts. On most, I follow and unfollow at the same time. Risky, but I’ve had 0 issues.

2 Likes

Oh really… :laughing:

2 Likes

Yeah, the guy I was talking about (one of the big m/c guys at bhw) also says that, he f/u at same time and doesn’t pause haha… I guess you are using mobile proxies and very strong accounts for that though right? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah crazy right :joy:

I’m using @HenryCooper’s proxies, and this for my personal account as well as all my clients.

2 Likes

Thought so, yeah I am doing m/c so I am not using mobile ones… Anyways many thanks for your replies :slight_smile: