How to remove shadow ban from Instagram?

I found out after I used someone else’s post and then my engagement dropped. But I tagged that real person in the caption and in picture as well then also It can be reported ? Now I am not using hastags. I used hastags after that post on my last 2 post but it didnt work for me. I get zero likes through hastags on both of those post. I used to get 2k - 5k impression from hastags. As per my experience, If your post gets 500 likes in first 2 hours your post is more likely to get engagaments via hastags. And I still get likes from my own followers but not from explore or hastags.

Moreover, I also did too many cross promotion on my account and I used to archived post regularly. Like 2 post archived in a day since last 1 month. Do you guys think that affects on my engagement ?

I believe Shadow banned is real.

without knowing what the post was – not knowing what hashtags used and a million other reasons, one cannot say EG dropped just becuase this or that.

1 Like

I can confirm this happens, in my thread I was very active in finding it out for myself. Sometimes even simple keywords or hashtags that are close or even account names can cause it.

I’d have to search for the article, but IG has a literal button they can hit and it was to censor certain hot topics.

EDIT: From research, it appears it started around this time and expanded with Ai last October.

But an unknowing mpsocial user also around the time @HenryCooper joined the forum posted what appears to be the actual control panel for it. It has since been removed from mpsocial for obvious reasons.

Just guessing, but between human intervention, and Ai having control of anything it deems offensive, I think it’s safe to say it exists and they do it.

But I do agree with you @MojoJojo , 99% of the time it’s they used the wrong hashtag and just have to remove it. Other times you can be restricted for being banned etc. Had a client that had been banned before she came on board. Her account had fairly normal reach per post. She was banned for imitating another page and this time none of her posts would show under any hashtags. It let up after about 2 months.

But if your account gets reported often enough, chances are good they just hit the exposure switch and leave you in the dust.

4 Likes

Anyone who believes shadowban is a myth just has never been shadowbanned. I used to be one.

Absolutely ZERO likes/comments from non-followers for whatever you post, tell me how you’d explain about that other than shadowban?

The easiest and probably most accurate way to check if you are shadowbanned? Post with some unpopular hashtags and use IG with chrome browser IN INCOGNITO MODE. Check if you can find your post in the recent section of ANY of those unpopular tags.

Forget about those shadowban check websites. They are all bullshit.

Btw, the usual advice to check shadowban is: to ask several people who don’t follow you on IG to have a look if they can find your posts with their accounts. Seriously?! If these people don’t even follow you on IG, is it really that easy to ask them to do such a “lame” thing for you?! Lol

1 Like

Did you give that at try? If not, you should and report the results back to us :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi dear @Mojojojo,

You know that many here (incl. me) are very thankful :smiley: that people like you (as well as Wortime,Alexnvo,Henrycooper,Delagarde,DMA0245…) are active here and sharing knowledge.
In this specific case, I have a different opinion than you, but as I am just a human and less-experienced than you, of course, I could be wrong. If this is case, I’d rather get corrected by you. :slight_smile:

May I ask you this:
If an acc. X

• didnt use adult stuff nor (semi-)banned hashtags, but it gets all of a sudden only 20-30% of likes than beforehand,
  • and it uses a “rare” hashtag (such as #parisbakery = 7,123 posts) for its newest post

and other accounts cant see the post under #parisbakery,

would you say then that this is due to “personalization of the hashtag feed”?

Thank you for your opinion :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

My posts are not seen in any hastags I use. I have posted and checked in recent feed of hastags but I coulden’t find it. Isn’t it shadow banned ? I checked it with the account which I don’t follow my page. I only used 4 hastags in caption which I didnt use ever. Hastags were totally new for my account.

You can only test that without logging in, and you would need to test that with different geoloc and browser to make sure there is no personalization going on.

I think what @MojoJojo meant is: what you - literally you signed in with your account - see in the hashtags does not necessarily need to reflect what others see in their hashtags (that are logged in too), since those might be in general personalized or for some users personalized (gatekeeper feature)

3 Likes

I am not sure what you meant by that. Or did you mistake me for some other poster in this thread? :slight_smile: I have of course tested its myself and many have tested it too. And it seems to be the easiest and most reliable method in my experience.

2 Likes

Yeah mixed that up, sorry. :bouquet: (have not been awake for so long when I posted that)

2 Likes

yea I easily got shadow banned. Started a new account. first 9 posts 70+ likes using a shit ton of hashtags. Now, 0 to 3 likes using the same hashtags… Is it suicide to not use proxies even if i’m only doing this automation with 1 account?

Are you using your home Ip? Have you ever had issues with fb or IG using your home IP? Proxy is just giving you a new IP. Instagram is able to connect accounts with IP’s. And Instagram donesnt allow one person (1IP) having more (5+) accounts. Thats why people use proxys - to simulate more persons (more IP’s) If your Home Ip never has had any Issues and you are just automating one account there is no reason to get new Ip (proxy).

But your decreased engagement might be caused by wrong setting, not warming up, using same captions or other automation setting related reasons. And if IG decreased the reach of your posts they know what you are doing. This could mean your Home IP is not safe anymore and its time for a new IP (proxy) now

1 Like

Often we see a normal pattern of x amount of likes and other stuff. We look at insights and see hashtag reach 1 or 2. Then we say we are shadowed.
If you see hashtag results in insights at any time you are not shadowed. It’s something else. For me it’s a bad post or not enough ER in some form

2 Likes

Could not have said it better myself! HC read my mind apparently :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In my case, I strongly believe I am shadow banned. I have no doubt on my content. I used to get insights from hastags on almost all posts except the last 3 days.

1 Like

There’s no set way to remove a shadow ban. It usually lasts a couple weeks.

I would keep posting, limit use of hashtags, certainly don’t use any hashtags you used before the ban.

Going forward I would never use the same hashtags more than once. Start over with fresh tags. Make each post unique.

Then mix them in with a high quality DM group on Telegram and you’ll get results like this:

EDIT: Of course you need good content that people actually do like for this to happen.

3 Likes

Okay thanks for the insight!

Yes I am using my home IP. I’ve never had an in issue, although i have used many accounts on it in the past with no proxies… This ain’t my first rodeo with the tool either and i can tell you I’ve never seen anything like it. I defiantly did take the shortcut with the new account and used the same set of 25 hashtags for every post… and i only auto follow about 120 people a day. Nothing crazy.

I have a feeling my ip is flagged… Is this shadowban BS new?? I took a break from using these tools, cam back, and they are cracking down haha

1 Like

I learned here shadowbans are caused by using banned hashtags. Its a hot discussed topic and polarizing not everybody believes in them. but it seems to be a fact that IG reduces reach when you use wrong ones. But there are lists with the words in here and you will find a lot when you use search.

Impressive results, PM me if you are looking for a client.

Thank you.

1 Like

nice #'s. What’s the # of followers on the account this post is from and what niche?

1 Like