šŸ›  How to unban your Instagram Account correctly

Thanks for the quick reply!
My account is already active, thereā€™s been a few times in the past where it was reactivated then disabled a few hours laterā€¦ Someone told me it may mean my account is ā€œblacklistedā€ but I wasnā€™t sure what they meant by that

1 Like

Does this dot trick work for yahoo mail as well? Or only google

@MojoJojo and me did not test other providers afaik. Many webmail provider offer alias mails, like GMX for example.

1 Like

I follow the step almost same like this before this thread. Same my face for 7 account. 6 got reactivated. One more still waiting for answer. I will try more many times. But if we use mail.ru, we cannot use gmail trick. Huhu

6 Likes

how long did it take you to reactivate them? and how many attempts?

Some takes 1 weeks. Some takes 1 hour after sending my photo. I donā€™t know, I just trying and it works. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

alrightā€¦ t hanks
a lot

Just for clarity, are you saying to keep sending in appeals BEFORE we get responses to the previous appeals? Or to keep appealing once our previous appeal gets rejected? Somebody asked me this and I wasnā€™t sure how to answer

1 Like

Try to appeal 2 per day and see how it goes

1 Like

Thank you henry, this has worked a treat for me so far ! :fire:

I noticed that this method involves using a computer and (possibly) a email address NOT listed on the account. Iā€™m wondering has anyone successfully appealed through the APP using a email/phone number NOT listed on the account and had success restoring a page?

But why would you not do what gives people a good success ratio?

3 Likes

I used your method numerous times and it worked each time, I was just asking out of curiosityā€¦ A lot of times I use trial and error to see if things work for myself but I never tried using different email/phone numbers on the app appeals, I was just asking to see what other users experiences have been trying this (if any)

1 Like

I am currently working on another account and have followed this thread TO A TEE to successfully unban 3 other accounts last week :raised_hands:t3: (Thank you Henry)

My question now is, lately for one account I keep getting this response to all appeals

According to this thread, I ignore this rejection and keep appealing, however I was wondering if this reply is somehow different to what other users have received or if I should now start appealing ONLY through the app for this specific account? (thread mentions throwing phones away and only using desktop) :slight_smile: I just want to make sure I stay on the right track! Thanks guys

The email - as my first guess - is a sign that you did not use the Desktop to unban your account :slight_smile:

1 Like

Actually itā€™s quite the opposite, Iā€™ve ONLY been using a desktopā€¦ thats why I posted this question, it seems they realize this and are requesting Me to appeal from the app ?

If this really keeps happening, try a different E-Mail.

1 Like

Each of the above replies were sent to newly made gmail email accounts, is this a red flag!? Iā€™m not ready to quit yet :slight_smile:

1 Like

Update
Iā€™m wondering if there have been any changes to the appeal system since instagrams newest update?
Over the past 2 weeks Iā€™ve created around 20 different gmail accounts and appealed from various devices and IP addresses in an attempt to recover a page.
I always get this reply from Instagram the very next day:

I noticed that the appeal links provided above donā€™t include a section to enter your phone number (which is included on the appeal form when you appeal from a mobile device). Iā€™m wondering if Instagram somehow is now able to detect that we are NOT appealing from our phones?
Any suggestions on how to move forward? Continue the same process? Iā€™ve spent many hours reading different related topics in this forum and have tried different strategies Iā€™ve seen posted, at this point Any Extra advice or tips would be greatly appreciated!

It is entirely possible that they did.

Of course they can tell that you are not using a phone.

This must be a really high value account for you to be trying so hard to get back. If it is not I would just stop and leave it alone. If it is just keep appealing.

If something changes or you notice something different, please be sure to add it here so that others can see it. If anything changes in the process I am sure @HenryCooper will be more than happy to update this thread. He has unbanned more accounts than anyone.

Good luck!

1 Like