I discovred a very intersting thing in instagram growth

i discovered a very interesting thing in Instagram growth so i grow one of my account only by repost a good content but when i repost with caption and hashtags i get only 60 followers a day so it 7 days now jarvee repost to my account without caption or hashtags i dont know why but the amazing thing that today i reached 230 followers a day only by reposting without caption or hashtags thats mean that using no caption and hashtags worked better for me

So i did not understand what you were talking about but yeah of course :slight_smile:
Hashtag
I guess

5 Likes

Care to rewrite? Your text is a bit confusing, are you saying that not using a caption worked better for you?

3 Likes

yes it work better for me

Maybe your captions are bad, although it’s hard to believe they would matter unless they are horrible or it’s actually something IG is doing behind the scenes, interested to see the results of more tests.

1 Like

So you’re saying you reached more of your following not using hashtags? That’s weird. I will say that though from my personal use reach ganged from hashtag hardly translates/produces new followers.

1 Like

If your account is aged and instagram knows where to put your content. This can happen. The IG algorithm can do it’s job better without hashtags sometimes. @Bartholomeo made a great post concerning this issue.

7 Likes

about time you found out they don’t work as promised

3 Likes

I can confirm, this is why I don’t put hashtags in every post a while ago. IG recognizes that not every engaging post uses hashtags.

1 Like

Do you mind sharing your analytics screenshots? I’m curious where your impressions are coming from if not from hashtags and home (which are main sources of my impressions).

Interesting point. What about when your account is NOT aged? Would the same strategy still work?

1 Like

From my own testing no. For new accounts hashtags are fine. It gives you bonus reach resulting in more engagement. Not much but about 10-20% But it‘s highly account and content depending so best you do your own testing

1 Like

Very interesting

@Alexnvo I always read you talking about this and after testing and now reading this it makes since.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more. You do have to have the reach and engagement to actually gain traction in explore, though.

As @kripke mentioned, hashtags will give smaller accounts some additional reach.

1 Like