IG ads limit organic reach

I have never paid for ig ads on my acc, but it’s attached to my Facebook acc were I have spent 100ks and my engagement is shit, I almost have 200k followers and I only reach about 20k per post. So this is starting to make sense to me.

My post yesterday reached 2.5% of my follower base.

1 Like

My Stories are having a similar reach %, It’s completely ridiculous, I’ve built my personal account since 2012.

1 Like

This is exactly what I was thinking!

1 Like

I know they’re slowly killing their platform. I remember getting 3x the views not even a year ago on my stories with thousands of less followers. And now I have 30k and avg 400~500 views. :man_facepalming:t2:

Shit likes this pisses me off big time.

My story is at 0.5%… I thought millions of stories were view by this crowd. Where are you guys!!! :joy::sweat_smile:

1 Like

It’s basically Facebook in 2014, all reach dying again, but Facebook at least had great ads, Instagram ads are shit for growth, only conversions in website work mostly but Facebook ads are still superior in 2019.

1 Like

I’m starting to take a serious look to Pinterest and other sites for growth for the fashion niche, cause Instagram is becoming Facebook 2.0 soon. It will be 100% pay for play by the way reach is declining.

1 Like

Story Ads or Promote posts? Which one you tried?

are you level 2 now?

absoluetly agree with that. its pile of big poo this days. since FB bought them they determined to ruin it by forcing people to pay and find tricks to get somewhere. I also understand that it might be peoples fault that they are restricting so man things, in the end people started using bits and buying fake likes so ig needs to do something about it.

1 Like

they are both same.

simmilar thing happened to me

1 Like

I’ve been wondering whether a consistent monthly expenditure on IG ads would somehow increase the action limits for an account.

If I pay IG $50 a month for one account, can I follow 15,000 users per month with that account?

Anyone tested?

not tested but i dont think that paying them will make any difference in actions.

I agree about the abuse part. I just think Instagram has been the most impactful app psychologically, normal people are obsessed growing there and are going to extreme lengths to feed their ego. Facebook and Twitter were less spammy because it was mostly marketers or black hat people spamming it which is a minority compared to the people spamming ig.

Let’s also remember the original owners quit in Oct/Nov last year, which was when it was announced that all these bans we are suffering this summer. I guess the OG owners were the ones who brought the magic. Now Instagram is in hands of Mark who is bringing the the site down in general.

1 Like

its very very true. he is doing same as he did you facebook. what a shame. I guess its a good time for a new storng platform to pop up.

1 Like

ha ha I was wondering the same. Do you know if its working well?

Yea exactly, every new decision he made is even more stupid then the last one lol

2 Likes

Do you think that the cut reach,
I mean are they allowed to do so to force you into buying ads?

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that your engagement goes up, and then all of a sudden it drastically drops (when you stop ads) so the Algos think your content/account is bad thus giving you bad reach.
A few posts later that is slowly built up again.

Maybe someone could try to slowly decrease ad spend instead of cutting it fully.
Say you do 5$ daily, cut it down 1$ per day or something.

This is just speculations

1 Like