IG is retroactively removing followers from automation (data updated daily)

With that said, I have noticed sizeable chunks of losses at once, and, I’ve now had a grand total of 6 different people message me in a fit of rage asking me why I removed them as a follower. I have never removed anyone. Not even ghost.

This says a lot and very concerning! BTW are you still follow blocked too since the 4th?

Whoa. Okay now this is a bit crazy. Wtf?!

1 Like

The past few days have been rather slow though. Just 2-3 drops which is normal for me. This was around Thurs/Sat/Sunday I noticed the losses. Two of the rage message were a week and a half ago, the other during those days.

Quick edit: several have re-followed and are still there.

1 Like

Lol this is EXACTLY why I’ve chosen not to do ANYTHING with my account for 6 weeks. I’m literally watching what’s happening to everyone else’s accounts after my follow block was lifted cause way too many bizarre things are happening.

1 Like

Well, several of the accounts that were removed I know well. And were followed well over a year ago. Because I actually ended up enjoying the accounts that got followed, and have engaged with them.

This account is half botted half human. I never got any of those recent follow blocks that has hit everyone else, because I stopped botting that account the first time those warning messages of “hey, looks like you gave your info to a 3rd party, change your password” And the only thing I’ve ever done was followliker years ago, and Jarvee.

1 Like

There are accounts ranging all over the place in following experiencing same number of loss each day. So even for different sizes of account, they deduct about same number of users each day. I don’t know if bot cleaning works in its theory alone because if that’s the case, the missing followers should be in proportion to each account size not one size fit all.

1 Like

I have a small account of 11,000 followers and I lose every day around 40

I agree - I’m not expeiencing this.

Great idea. I would do that

What they are most likely doing is removing dead accounts to clear up things on their end. They are getting ready to start testing for more ads most likely so they don’t want ads to show up to dead accounts.

4 Likes

That’s what is happening to some of my accounts. I downloaded all my followers and I made several checks each day, and the only followers that I was losing were or bots and some users that stopped unfollowing me.

If you are F/U, it’s normal that after a while, they realize that you unfollowed them and they will likely unfollow you too.

So, don’t worry, I don0t htink that IG is deleting your dollowers on purpose

1 Like

Agree with this

Guys you don’t think that maybe instagram only changed the way that he cleans ghost and fake accounts? Because look if you remember Instagram may do this clean every 6 months normally, but they always take all the accounts in one way. Do you remember that the last one, most people have lost so much people that instagram made a roll back? Maybe now they are more carefully about that and doing it slowly for no one see whats going on. Ah and my clients are not losing accounts like this, and i have 100 clients.

Just my 2 cents.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. With all due respect you would only notice this kind of drop, if your monitor your account minute by minute. After 10k the actual numbers are hidden behind a few clicks.

I always get some of the followers I gained from F/UF unfollowing me after I unfollow them. I figure a lot of people have apps that can do that automatically. Maybe those apps run a default schedule hence the periodic big drop?

I disagree. Most of us are using software that shows us if we are losing followers as frequently as we set up the accounts to sync. It takes 30 seconds to check the results tab in Jarvee and have it mark who unfollowed…

1 Like

From my perspective, I believe Instagram may be removing dead/bots/inactive accounts.

My clients who have recently started growing on Instagram haven’t seen this reduction in followers, most likely because their page hasn’t been around long enough to be followed by all these dead/bot accounts.

Furthermore, to provide a bit of evidence behind things. If you don’t want to scrape the data of your accounts. For those on Jarvee click on the results tab and click the column for followed back. This should provide you with those who followed you back during your time of automation.

On one of my pages which was hit by the follow blocks, I thought I’d take a look at a few of those who followed me to see if they were still following the page.

I took a sample of 10 accounts from the 3rd of June ( a day before the blocks) and some the latter end of May to see if they were still following me. About 95% were, the other 5% probably fell off due to various reasons such as noticing my unfollow or just decided they wanted to.

It’s been nearly a month since the account followed me back and it hasn’t been automatically taken off by Instagram. Unfortunately, my data only goes back to the end of May as I took my account off Jarvee temporarily and it lost its past data. If anyone reading this has an account which has been on for longer and could post their findings it may show a different story - for example it could be a case that this is happening, but Instagram is removing them after 6 weeks or 2 months.

It would be very easy to see as all the people who followed you from that time should no longer be following the page. Whereas I’d say a natural rate would be around 80%+ still following.

1 Like

Next time I’ll try to shorten my posts instead of trying to publish a book :joy:

2 Likes

If you sign up for the IG creator account (as opposed to business or personal), you can see follower analytics showing you how many people followed and how many people unfollow you each of the last 7 days. I think you need 10K followers to have the option to switch to a creator account. Also when you switch away from business, you lose all the analytics you had when it was business.

Not at all. I’m concerned. I’ve seen the same kind of spikes of unfollows for at least one week now. I’m not sure what Insta is doing. Are they really just removing spam accounts? The odd thing is the automation app, Combin, shows me a different “unfollow” amount than a different statistics app. For today I would have lost 40 followers within an hour, where the other app shows me 25 over the day. EDIT: Instagram’s own Insights says I’m follower-positive, actually gaining 3-6 followers per day. What does yours say?

Is this true? Does Instagram unfollow accounts for us now? Has anybody confirmed this?