Impossible Instagram Verification Loop

Clients accounts, cant share.

Exactly the same issue Iā€™m facing, from the browser when I request a password reset:

The account had 2-factor auth enabled prior to this, I can only get a login link through the app where I was signed in inside my phone.

I see. Thatā€™s fine as itā€™s clientā€™s account. :slight_smile:

I saw this when using the VPN sometimes. Try requesting the password reset with typing the email on the account instead of the username.

I got freaking hit again today by this sh#t

Same here, all clients from last wave received this loop again (and also some new clients).

I think this is caused by to many API calls and this is related only to new accounts. And when your account get hit by this loop once - there is nothing you can do to avoid this - besides resting the account (you can forget that EB only or low activity will help on this stage).

1 Like

Yeah I got it on mostly new accounts, but had some that were about a year old with between 15k-100k that also got hit. Do not remember exactly all accounts that got hit, but Iā€™ll rest them if this happens more, Iā€™ll make sure to rest the accounts for 24h-48h and see how it goes from then.

We managed to retrieve our accounts by using another method other than VPN.

1. Go to sign in page via Instagram app.(If your account is already logged in and keep getting the message you can log out your account by ignoring a couple times)
  2. Click on ā€œGet help Signing inā€.
  3. Enter your account name and click on the ā€œNeed more help?ā€ link in the bottom of the page.
  4. You should see the verification methods there. Select one and continue following steps.

It will make you change your password at the end and you will be able to get your account back. At least we did for our accounts. Hope it helps.

Same, and ANOTHER client who I click on the secure account hyperlink and it still takes me back to get help logging in. Yes I cleared cookies. Yes I tried other browsers. Still cant get into the other 2.

1 Like

Yeah I did have to that on some accounts, since I got some type of error which said IG could not send a mail to me on that email. But I just switched vpn location on Opera on some of the accounts that got it, those that did not work at all, I have to do it the way you said :slight_smile:

You have changed password and all that before clicking the secure my account link? or try the way @blot did, which also worked for me

Yes I tried it, still giving issues. Anyone else have opera saying ā€œYou need to turn off private mode or enable cookies?ā€

Yes, over here. Also I messed it up even more by removing the email account when clicking the url in a mail footer. So for now, I can only login through a link sent to my phone numberā€¦

I was actually thinking of testing that to see if it forced you in the account. Now I know not to.

Glad it helped :slight_smile:

How many accts are you running if I may ask and how many have got hit with this ? Trying to evaluate the risks here. Just doing f/u?

Let us know if any of the above eventually works out for ya.

If you guys arenā€™t getting the ā€œreset your passwordā€ emails or for whatever you canā€™t request it, simply log into the account in a new browser/ip. The ā€œNew Login to Instagramā€ emails you get have a secure your account link as well which is a DIRECT password change link. Iā€™ve done resets that way when for whatever reason I canā€™t directly request a password change or the email never shows up

Iā€™m running about 1500 accounts, about 10% of them were affected by thisā€¦some were long running accounts too. Most tools running on them

Hey man.

And youā€™ve been able to reset / recover all of them?

Thereā€™s about 8 I havenā€™t been able to recover so far, they loop. But Iā€™ve set them aside and clearing up the low hanging fruit first, then Iā€™ll tackle whateverā€™s left. Still got about 40 out of 175 accounts left to clean up. Most of the the ones that loop though were my first attempts trying to figure out how to fix this and doing horrible at it. Now Iā€™m pushing these fixes out on the untouched accounts with a near 100% resolution rate.

Thanks for that. You clearly have figured it out. Do you think itā€™s possible you do a brief step by step tutorial. @bhven listen up. :slight_smile:

Thanks again! Eager to read your steps.

1 Like