Instagram Ads | Account Trust Scores & Reach

It’s pretty much never necessary to use them in that case. With a good hashtag strategy and excellent content there’s no need for advertising. List products in photos and create an Instagram shop, etc. I feel like web click call to actions are outdated.

1 Like

For things such as a new music release for artists, they can be really helpful, but yeah I agree with what you said mainly.

1 Like

This is what blows my mind as well. They actually asked me to participate in an Ad survey on my feed today. I’ll be sharing it soon. I thought that their questions were quite entertaining in a ridiculous way. It’s like they’re clueless.

That’s why I write it here. Maybe they are reading, hehe.

Guys of IG. If you want to make some more money for your boss, you know what to do.

I ll be happy to see the survey @embraceone

2 Likes

Please share? Would love to have a read!

I generally agree with you, unless you have thousands to spend on each ad. I’ve spoken to really large marketing firm employees about Instagram ads and they all have noted that running an add for a longer period of time has huge benefits as the post is consistently shown. This allows for bigger budgets on individual posts, and allows one to post less overall.

2 Likes

You can read it here:

1 Like

From my experience running ads has had no effect to engagement rates across hundreds of different IG accounts spending large amounts of money…

1 Like

Do you personally use them?

1 Like

I have access to all clients metrics and track their data. ER hasn’t been affected on a single profile by running ads. Although the ads I run are always displayed on both FB & IG and never just on IG which may have an effect if that is different to what you guys have done.

2 Likes

Ok thanks for that. My main page is linked to a FB account so might give it a go with advertising on both.

1 Like

Thanks for the valuable information. What were the general circumstances which led to the block?

Absolutely, although I have to say, Instagram’s story music feature is a winner. If only there were a way to auto-post stories with music. I’d make millions on streaming royalties.

1 Like

Very interesting indeed. How long ago was this? How many ads had you run, what total budget etc? If you don’t mind sharing of course.

So Instagram asked me what I thought of their Ads. Here’s what I said:

Anyone else received this survey?

1 Like

no did not received a Survey till now

1 Like

Ok they are asking about the ads you see not the ones you ve run. I thought they asked about the ones you run but about that they ask directly after you ve run an ad. I remember I had answered it was okay and I was satisfied but didn’t know how the Er would go at that point. Now I don’t trust them anymore to run an ad

1 Like

Maybe trying to use an account to promote another one using ads could solve the problem ?

I mean using account A promoting an external link on Story ads to account B could be a solution for solving this reach problem ?

In that case we could use an account created specificaly for ads for all accounts we want to promote.

2 Likes

That’s a smart idea. Setting the call to action to the other account would work with story ads! I think I’ll do some testing on this.

1 Like

The problem will be tracking results but if it can solves reach problems and sending trafic to the profile we want that could be a solution …

1 Like

GUYS, do you know any web to see the metrics evolution of any instagram account? how it growed during time to see if followers are real and staff like that?
Thanks

Personally I have experienced a huge drop in engagement and reach after using ads and stopping afterwards . Dirty move from IG, as they seem to basically use the logic : If you paid for it, you need to put more money to keep on playing .

Never again will I use ads for an account I am trying to grow organically .