Instagram cracking down hard on bots because of 2020 United States presidential election!

I have a friend who works at Snapchat who use to work at Instagram/Facebook and he confirmed from his friends that currently work there that they are cracking down hard on bots and they are finding these primarily by the behaviors and detecting if they are coming from mobile devices and if you can provide a sms text code then that pretty much says your not using a bot but what he told me was the main reason they are doing this is because they don’t want trump to win the election and they believe that he won because of the memes and videos that people seen on Facebook/Instagram that supposedly gave trump the win and the majority of these came from pages run by automation such as jarvee, followliker, etc, he also told me other things they are doing but this was like 99.9% of the reason of the sudden crackdown and it is not just affecting political pages but literally niche

13 Likes

10000%. I’ve had multiple conversations about this.

4 Likes

The elections could be a reason for why IG is punishing bots so hard now

They want to have an authentic platform and not get in the focus of the government for possibly skewing people’s mind based on spammy bots

1 Like

hahah crazy, maybe I should start some memes in my country about our candidates, and whoever offers more get’s pushed by them :joy:

4 Likes

America is a great country. the reason donald trump has been elected is because the electoral system is crap. More citizens voted for hilary than trump.
But they decide to pressure mark suckerberg and crack down on bot.
What an amazing country.

ugh, please don’t let this thread become a political opinion discussion.

13 Likes

This would have sounded like a conspiracy theory five years ago…

10 Likes

Thanks for the insight. I wonder if things will calm down after the election is over.

3 Likes

@Tacos @EmpireNetwork @BruceSilduk @DoingTheRIGHT @tobiyox @delagarde @nocturnae @StayStyled

4 Likes

And I was happy the orange man wouldn’t affect me here in Europe… How wrong was I.

6 Likes

Are you just practicing your tagging abilities? :wink:

11 Likes

lmao

5 Likes

:joy: crazy.

I have one political account and surprisingly I’ve had absolutely no issues with it.

2 Likes

So don’t use Russian numbers for online phone verification services?

perfect timing xD

1 Like

My russian subnets are going super strong haha…

3 Likes

You’re a linguistic genius. :laughing:

On a side note, I’m no Trump fan.

But all this BS lately + FB’s censorship of free speech + the creation of their own currency, makes me want Trump to win in a massive landslide.

1 Like

Good to know :wink: :slight_smile:

I think that it is the reason number one, but there is also a reason number two.

The reason number two is LIBRA coming :slight_smile: