Instagram Is starting Hiding Likes

1 Like

They will for sure lose their balls

My concern is what Instagram will break for the next 2 weeks while they roll out this update. Everytime they breathe they break something.

I wonder if the SMM panels, now rubbing in these countries on orders: D
There are fewer orders: D kurde, itā€™s such an interesting experiment that Iā€™m really excited about it: D

This is again making bigger move like any corporate company. Hereā€™s a missing patch on the puzzle why IG is hiding likes:

Bigger companies/users will start to pay more in ads to be featured in explore pages. We just have to get adapted and move on.

Personally, I see this as a good change as with my impressive organic engagement, I will be able to work with more brands :slight_smile:

I have to agree with that. If I see a post that has 5 likes vs a post that has 50,000 likes I am much more curious about the one with more likes/comments (doesnā€™t matter if it was my friend who posted it or its a sposnored ad). That is an indication if the post is interesting or perhaps there is something more about it I donā€™t see at the first glance.
Its just a personal opinion but If I spent lots of money on IG advertising I would probably rethink my strategy or use a different platform/service if the likes were not visible anymore.

On a side note keep in mind they are just testing that feature. I am sure that if it will decrease the amount of time people spend with IG or their ad revenue they will just dump this stupid idea.

1 Like

This is probably the beginning of the end of Instagram lol, the only reason this app is as massive as it is, is the numbers, the app is nothing more than another sharing pictures app which there were hundreds of thousands before them.

1 Like

I have an account from Ireland and I can still see other peopleā€™s likes today.
Is the filter by IP address used now, or when account was set up?

this is a bad situation, condolences to all the people who bought the likesā€¦

Damn, I miss those days.

or igaudit lol

Only time will tell. It may drop the amount of time people spend on the app each day, which means less exposure to ads- or it will increase their time on the app actually interacting with people.

2 Likes

It may also be that people will no longer pay attention to photos or profile.
Only they will look at instastories.
I can see that slowly, most people do not see pictures or read descriptions ā€¦
Only tangled relationships.
So relationships can be better than the profile itself: D
But we will see, this experiment is very interesting to me.