Instagram Is starting Hiding Likes

Automation will always be possible. Still this day it is with all the difficulties, but what I meant was the whole idea. Automation is great when it is specifically targeted.

My statement as you may see, is that it will be much more difficult. I am aware that both likes and comments will be visible, but it’ll in my oppinion not have that “eye catching” effect when it is not possible to see directly and someone actually have to go through an extra layer of action to see it.

I mean whoever did the business strategy for IG must be confused :joy: first they hit automation, because they wanna sell their own IG ads, but later they choose to hide likes, which is one of the most eye catching things and makes users curious to see or watch further. You may like it or not, but in my opinion the amount of visible likes, followers and comments is how ORDINARY and basic people judge your profile on.

1 Like

I think it would take some social pressure out of the Instagame.
But as you still receive likes - Dopamine Kicks are still there :pill: -> :star_struck:
In my opinion it would make instagram better (user experience) for the average users.

1 Like

More spam comments will be there. People are going to buy comments from SMM Panels more.

Exactly right!

The only thing that I’m worried about is when they hide profile’s followers and the follower count along with likes. If they remove both of them every account will look the same no matter if its old well known company or one day old. Judging by all the bullshit that Mosseri says I think he’s going to do that all in the name of equality and political corectness.

1 Like

Your personal experience is not reflecting the current market/situation at all.

They paid for exposure, not for likes.

Which is what they want, less money handed into the hand of influencers and more money hand into Instagram ads. This was always their goal and motive and if you want to guess what will happen in the future, you only need to keep that motive in mind.

3 Likes

My idea is that they might want to push the verified profiles using the Creator account as a sort of guarantee that the profile is legit. Just my 2 cents. We will see.

1 Like

“Then there will be no point in using Instagram anymore.” @mithrandir I don’t get your point, ppl don’t use instagram to see the follower count of the accounts they use to share content, to view pics/videos to be social etc…

It’s all speculations and personal opinions here. No one knows what will happen. People use Instagram for the numbers unless they have a private profile and only add real friends as followers but we are not talking about those users. The numbers the average user is interested in are likes and followers. The likes are gone and the only metric left will be followers. Do you follow me now? Anyway we will see.

Totally disagree with you most of the users in IG are normal persons, removing the bots, and the users always will be able to see the numbers. Private profile has nothing to do with the user “type”.

Agree to disagree… Lol

I would argue that it’s both. Having a high engagement rating and follower count goes hand in hand with exposure in the social media world (in its current form at least). We all know that and that’s ultimately why we’re all on this forum, isn’t it? If they removed the vanity metrics for everyone but still gave legitimate business insights on reach and audience demographics, that would be far better for economic welfare. I’m not saying that every business would be outraged, but I think there would be a good handful of them who were focused more on the prestige than the product.

From the Zuckerbergs point of view he wants to play a big role as the greatest philanthropist by giving away half of his fortune to the poor, while what he actually does is spitting in the face of millions of small businesses from developing countries that managed to get new customers through his “free” apps. How many times in history we saw that it’s better to give a man the fishing rod not the fish.

3 Likes

I don’t think someone smart as Zuckerberg can make decision that stupid, this would be the most stupid move he ever made on Instagram. Hiding likes, all these influencers and like 80% of users, they only care about numbers (followers and likes), if they hide the likes we all lose including him. You think people will buy ads from him more? They will buy less ads, if people can’t see the likes for example on some product, there is huge chance they will decide they won’t buy the product, because most of the users, especially young ones will buy something just because they see that product has huge number of likes, comments and etc. People will have less sales, and they will stop with spending money on retarded Instagram ads. One of my customers just quit today, he is from Australia, telling me they can’t see likes any more, so what’s the point of getting any boost on his profile if people can’t see it. If they really do this shit then people will go to the new app that comes out, give it 1 year, and they will lose more then 30% users. If someone makes same app like Instagram, but with option that you can see the likes, users will just go to that app and won’t use Instagram anymore.

1 Like

Yes they do, big number of people just want to see likes, followers and be bigger then their friends, to have more likes, have more followers, it’s good for their ego.

1 Like

If they hide everything, Instagram will go down with the time and some other app will replace it, followers and likes are the main thing why people use Instagram, and this is the only thing that’s keeping them on top with no competition at all, if they hide this someone will create same app, only difference will be that they have followers and likes visible, and people will transfer on it for sure.

1 Like

And please chronological feed… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

If they remove or keep likes we either quit or go on. Personally I like likes on posts however if they take it off there is nothing I can do so I just keep on adapting and growing instead of fighting it.

1 Like

Fortunately there is no hiding from IGBlade :smile:

6 Likes

Its a test… I also opened a thread ( sorry didnt see this) and I went on Twitter and its a test… please comment and tell to instagram this is the biggest BS ever!!