Instagram opens blue tick verification requests

If you’re in Australia, you now have the ability to request Instagram blue tick verification. Keen to hear if anybody is accepted after applying.

The feature will also roll out to other regions shortly. More here:

This is what it looks like for eligible users:

10 Likes

I just checked and there is NO requirement to switch to a Business profile first, FYI.

Wonder if it works with a Aussie proxy

3 Likes

You need to submit your ID.

1 Like

Doesn’t say it needs to be Australian tho, just a thought

True, I might try it… :thinking:

Yes, that’s the way they confirm you for verification. In saying that, the ID is confirmed in a country that isn’t Australia, so I don’t think they’d know the difference.

Let me know if it comes up, I haven’t tried it on any of my US accounts.

I guess a proxy with an australian id and an apple device would increase the chances to be verified. No android devices as yet.Maybe in the near future after these tests will be over they will make the verification available for all the countries…

Blockquote But the new Instagram option won’t be available to every Australian user, and Instagram users shouldn’t bank on getting that little blue badge.

Blockquote Only Australian Apple iPhone and iPad users can access the ‘Request verification’ menu option in Instagram’s app currently, with a Google Android version scheduled to arrive “in the coming weeks”.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing this. Wish they can come to Africa

Which country will be next?
US or UK, I guess?

Probably USA. But its worth noting this changes nothing other than stopping scammers charge $20,000k for the badge.

Normal people wont get the badge, only celebs or people on tv etc will have a chance

5 Likes

Hi everyone,

Just an update on this. I have helped two people from Australia now get the blue tick.

They are fairly well known, but it was applied after 12 hours of sending through ID.

3 Likes

Do you think it can be done for Australian business IG accounts with low follower count?

It wouldn’t be hard to do – I helped two businesses get verified previously. One had 9k followers and the other 4k. It just needs to be a business that has the potential to be impersonated.

1 Like

I have tried this. i bought a vpn and applied i applied about 2 weeks ago no answear no nothing i think its allmost impossible so not even worth traying tbh…

1 Like

Definitely not impossible, it just needs to be an account they deem worth verifying. Outside of this process your only bet is to use an agency contact with access to the media partner portal.

The account in question is a legitimate online retailer that creates their own products. However, the account and business is relatively new so I suppose it’s best to wait out a bit.

People are truly obsessed with wanting this blue verification tick. I understand the benefits that come along with it, but the way I see people dedicating so much time and effort into obtaining one is kind of funny to me (and I’m not referring to on this forum, just ig marketers in general). It needs to be understood, these verification badges ultimately aren’t designed to help you make more money, IG wants people to SPEND money with them on advertisements… not make it easier for people to reach people and spam their platform indefinitely. I think some people need a reality check on who IG will give these badges out to, and who might recieve one and then get it taken back just as fast because they thought it was a ‘Spam IG free badge’

Ok, i’ve Installed a vpn with Australian ip, after i’ve Installed Instagram from Australian AppStore, but cannot see the label for verification, what I’ve done wrong?