Instagram opens blue tick verification requests

Yes @ELanimal, its all the same organization now.

I know that I was wonder because a Facebook page I managed was verified and I tried to get the instagram verified the same way but never got any word back that’s why I asked. Can you give Any more info on this?

1 Like

You’re right – if you have advertising with them it’s not too hard to do.

A simple request through your Client Support manager makes it happen. Generally they’ll only do it if the account is at risk of impersonation.

Looks like they’ve opened it up beyond Australia.

1 Like

Looks like its open everywhere now! Trying to get a UK celeb verified who is actually an established name, but Instagram seem to just ignoring it. Love to know what you did with your clients to get it through so quickly @southoftheyarra!

Does anyone know if the verification request option goes away (as in you can’t submit after you’ve done it once). It keeps showing me the form if I press on the menu link and can’t figure out if that means it hasn’t gone through. Don’t want to keep spamming them, but would like to know it’s gone through!

I think you can re - apply every thirty days or so…
I read it somewhere in an article but forgot where.

1 Like

Awesome, at the mo the form still appears, but says error if I try to submit so presuming that means they got the first one so should stop trying to spam them!

Did someone also get an account verified with an obvious follow/unfollow history? Curious to know…

2 Likes

One of my clients was verified within 12 hours.

My understanding is they have some search metric they’re able to determine whether they’re worthy enough after a search and then they just hit the button and it happens.

The submission of ID is simply to confirm that your ID matches whatever metric they have used to search your name.

I’d say if it hasn’t gone through within 24 hours that it’s unlikely to happen through the automated method. You may need somebody to push it through manually.

Yes, two of my clients did. One had around 5k bought followers also.

1 Like

That makes sense. I just got a response from Facebook ad support and they said despite knowing she’s a recognised celebrity they won’t verify because it doesn’t meet some requirements they won’t reveal!

Now to try and figure out so they show up how they need to when IG does it’s verification search magic. Would you mind privately sharing with me one of your accounts that got verified so I can try and reverse engineer it? Totally respect if you don’t want to!

Shoot me a PM with her username and I’ll have a look at it.

1 Like

I’d be interested in identifying these requirements also :+1:

1 Like

Just thinking aloud here: It might be that she might not have a common name. How easily a person can be impersonated/mistaken is probably one of the things Facebook looks at apart from celeb status. If her name is unique, or there aren’t many profiles with the same/similar name, they might not think that she needs a verification tick.

Might be interesting to run a test by creating a few fake accounts and populate them with pics of her, report some of these from her profile and then apply for verification.

But as I said before, these are just my thoughts … might turn out to be a waste of time for all you know!

1 Like

I actually think it’s a really smart idea… at the very least to try and test out some assumptions! Probably end up getting a fake account verified!

1 Like

Haha well I am basing the assumption on how the Twitter verification process works (or used to work), so ideally I shouldn’t be very far off the mark. But who knows. Does your client have a unique name?

Definitely not run of the mill so that might be it. @southoftheyarra had some smart thoughts. Trying it out if it works I’ll let you know!

doubt in that … im into edm music so i have seen DJ’s that legit having weirdest names ( atleast for me as im not from the same country ) and with 1k followrs verified… also funny thing is , ive have personally texted few people that with 1k-2k have been verified and none of them ever responded just put me on " seen " :smiley: .

It’s on only one phone. iPhone, all of those accounts linked to my Facebook… applied last night , 6 accounts … no reply back

1 Like