Is that really true?

TikTok is 25 percent more ER than er. 30 minutes a day on Insta, 45 minutes a day on TikTok even when smaller, getting bigger. Insta 9 years on America, TikTok 2 years in america. These numbers are not made up… all can be researched.

1 Like

yeah i think if they manage to find a wy to do image content they have tried to do it with diaporama image type but not as effective then , then it will ecome more big in the long run

1 Like

Engagement rate doesn’t tell anything about how long a platform is gonna survive. (It’s only a small factor of the equation)
The engagement is so high right now because it has hype and people stay on there longer. Let’s see how that goes 5 years from now.

bro even someone who don’t market on tiktok will see how much it’s big and hw many are active on it daily worldwide not just in china

first one – bull, Facebook has the shitest ER, biggest and baddest mo fo.
number 2 – nope, it what they let the reach/views be seen. The best content can have shitty ER if the platform won’t let anyone see them

1 Like

Corrected it.
https://www.similarweb.com/website/tiktok.com?competitors=instagram.com

I’m not against TikTok as marketer, because it has traffic indeed, but for how long.
It has been around for 1 year and you guys are driving paranoia if it’s gonna be the next platform.
Who knows what they are gonna do? All I see it’s just a lot of fueled growth for a loss, this is always a sign to wait.

1 Like

totally agree with you on all of what you said tiktok and instagram have far better er than facebook especially tiktok

1 Like

NO other social media had success with the parent as TikTok( deep pockets too). Think to google+, failed something awful. As you said a year – yet in that year it grew to 500 million outside of china. jeez – what part of IT IS ALREADY ESTABLISHED as force you don’t see?

https://instazood.com/blog/instagram-vs-tiktok/

I won’t discuss anymore. I have work to do.
There’s a lot of shady stuff going on with these companies, nobody can tell how it will go 5 years from now and what they’ll do. And short-term growth does not guarantee long-term growth.

Just don’t believe the hype and stay curious.

1 Like

when thousands of insta accounts are reposting TikTok material – ya don’t think people don’t notice that?
Read the bios of followers
follow me on snap:xxxaccount
follow my titktok :xxxcount

1 Like

have a good one at work – been fun talking.

You clearly have no clue who this guy is or the scale at which he’s playing with most social platforms daily. Including the ones you haven’t even heard about.

You’re comparing his marketing machine to you searching 10 of your competitors and looking at their public engagement?

1 Like

nah bro i know the guy is a badass at sm but i am talking about delivery and his information not what he has made + i didn’t critisize him badly it’s just that what he says about instagram is far less important that what is told here

Quite the opposite. I haven’t seen anyone here talk about IGTV, while Gary has been pushing for it since IG also started pushing exposure on it.

He’s been talking about TikTok/Musically for 2-3 years.
He was pushing Snapchat hard before IG Stories came. You can argue all you want, but previous Snap experience was a big advantage once it rolled out to Instagram.

Most here are still playing the game as they were in 2015.
Except they started viewing millions of stories daily until IG had to fight back with limits and blocks that ended up affecting everyone. For fucking 50 followers daily.
Yeah, all the important stuff.

1 Like

chill bro ok garyvee is the real deal , i didn’t say it’s useless i said it’s less important what he says means that if he talks about growth and don’t mention m/s account or some stuff to use the best caption or best content possible instead of just tellin content is king , i respect your opinion and you have to repect mine too bro for me i see hi as someone who is a goat on what he do but when it comes to explaining he don’t go to the details , and for this there are better places… #mpsocial

garyvee is a dickhead – but a great promoter. Reminds me of person I knew from New York –
one of the best friends I ever had.

1 Like

@synch in this video posted by OP, 2 minutes into the video Gary says IG is favoring images over video now, but if he knows that, why is he suggesting IGTV then? Maybe you can elaborate? If you have any idea ofcourse. Could be nice to know

lol this has to be the title of the thread :joy:

1 Like

IGTV was just a try of Instagram - since they wanted to oppose youtube… just with 9:16 format - which didnt work after all if you ask me.

IG has been favoring video for a long time. It’s likely they just turned it back around as TikTok is poaching all the video creators.
It’s impossible to tell you if he’s right, because no one here runs split tests at his scale.
But he has no reason to bullshit you, and like he says you just need to look at what he’s doing on his own socials.

IGTV started getting good traction once they started being shared to wall and showing up on explore.
Is it still as good as it was at its peak? No, which is why you need to pay attention.

Stories were incredible when they first showed up on the top of the feed.
Getting 20k views on a 100k account, because no one else was competing for such a visible placement.

These are all things you miss, because of how constantly the platform is moving. You might catch these things if you pay attention to people who are actually testing things, instead of the self righteousness that is shared here.

IGTV was probably the best growth tool for a while, after they let you share previews to your feed, since the algorithm was organically pushing those (IG pushes their new features because they want them to stick).
Yet you have people on this forum arguing that it “didn’t work” when they probably never tried it.

3 Likes