Is this the beginning of the end for TikTok?

no for sure the majority won’t cause its “to complicated” any IG is starting to give them the same features - for sure the majority would swap

In germany, instagram already launched “reels” which is an exact tiktok clone. I guess they knew that Tiktok is going to have problems…

1 Like

I think Google Play will lost monopoly if it will ban popular great apps for no reasons.

Until they completely re-locate to another country i don’t see the ban being lifted, the issue is not that the app collects data , the issue is that China has a law where the company would be forced to give out any data if the government asked them to (although they say this is not the case)

Facebook, twitter, youtube, google and every other social media collects your data, but the problem with tiktok is that the parent company ByteDance is based in China. This whole thing is about China nothing to do with protecting people’s privacy, we all know the government cares less about our privacy LOL

2 Likes

It’s the end lol. Even though even though everything “steals your information”, the fact that it’s based in China is enough for it to stop.

(Speaking from a US point of view)

yeah i agree, as long as it’s based in china it’s gone for good

“TikTok owner ByteDance has invested more than $1 billion to build its vast Indian user base, and now faces losses of as much as $6 billion”

that is from a new article, the question is, how important is tiktok to ByteDance, in a perfect world they would like to still be a chinese company and have all the bans lifted, but looking at China’s actions there’s no way any country would lift the ban. They would have to go legally , but idk anything about that so i’m just waiting to watch it all play out ahah

one more thing i see many people comparing this to Vine, but remember Vine just became irrelevant and decided to shut down because of their irrelevancy, tiktok is BOOMING so there might be something to fight for as far as the stock holders and CEO’s of ByteDance

The response that Tiktok gave about their US customers only being on servers in the US and Singapore is weak. China gov doesn’t care if your servers are on a different continent LOL

may i ask where they said that?

From their statement released yesterday, I think. I heard it on MSNBC.

A professional fluffer can take on any journey :rofl:

1 Like

, location tracking even when they said they no longer use it.
Face ID keeping of records
among the most serious. if you don’t know, then not qualified to speak.

possibly 10 out of the 130 million american users. Why on earth would somebody do that when TikTok uses location posting? Say I have a pizza store in USA – Bejing is the last place on earth I want my customers. The cost of the plane ticket to eat here would easily pass a cost of pizza.

4 Likes

If TikTok gets banned – who says later they won’t get unbanned. Lobbyist already at work folks.

4 Likes

Let’s hope they’re wrong or China makes a play to get it unbanned shortly after.

1 Like

‘Experts’ – except doctors are on the average – very, very wrong. Remember peak oil? every expert on the planet said we will go into a world wide oil shortage by now. I rather let time tell, not ones who say this or that.

2 Likes

Is not only about privacy (my bad if I didn’t phrase it well in the first post).

Here’s an article with the issues TikTok has: https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdoffman/2020/07/01/anonymous-targets-tiktok-delete-this-chinese-spyware-now/

Do you really believe that one of the largest social media platforms in the entire world right now would let that happen? Their CEO is a former Disney head of streaming. Don’t believe everything you see on the Internet, even if it’s a Forbes article. Forbes Media is an American company, therefore they would do anything to make you believe TikTok is not safe.

4 Likes

i’m glad someone else on this forum have ability to logic thinking :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think so too. More countries will probably ban Tiktok just like India… India > US > Australia… Then European countries. :grinning:

Doesn’t mean anything. You can take pope Francis for a CEO and bring dead to life as a company, if you are a threat to the US they will wipe you out. Huawei for an example.
TikTok is big in social media world, but it’s a pebble of sand when it comes to all markets.
TikTok should be stopped much earlier than now, and IG and FB should become half private, half govt. operated companies to end this free ride they are enjoying right now.

1 Like

The platform started gaining popularity in February, and already has almost 1 billion active users. They do have the power to compete with the giants on the market, it’s just Trump’s racist a$$ still can’t accept the fact that China is a superpower. It has nothing to do with privacy, or whatever they say the issue is.

2 Likes