Is this the beginning of the end for TikTok?

while this is true – you forget one thing, Google and Iphone have the operating systems on phones in the world. American companies. If USA says ban them – Google and Iphone will ban em, Bye bye tiktok. That simple.

3 Likes

They can remove the app from stores only. Users could continue to use Tiktok. New users could download Tiktok from other stores.

tiktok has expanded their work force in India like nothing has happened, this is so confusing

they also didn’t give any statements in their social media or any media tbh, looks like they are doing all the work behind the scenes, this reminds me of when tiktok got banned earlier in india and didn’t make any statement about it and came back after like a month

2 Likes

Yep. Even if a ban happens, it doesn’t mean it’s permanent. It can be a negotiating chip

looks like they are re-locating, i think tiktok really doesn’t give a f about china

ByteDance still pays taxes to the Chinese government, doesn’t matter where their headquarters are.

What’s going to hurt ByteDance is that in the past they have worked with the Chinese Government on surveillance for Re-Education Camps (outside of the law, anti Muslim camps).

1 Like

yep agree. US already banned huawei, which is way bigger than tiktok.

1 Like

tiktok is trying to appease to India, but its a little too late for that. RIP 1/3 of tiktok’s fanbase.

People that are still thinking US won’t target Tiktok is on some wishful thinking weeds. US literally banned tiktok in the military 6 months ago… oh and let’s not forget about huawei. 10x times bigger than tiktok. what happened eh?

clearly you don’t know what you’re talking about

huawei - manufacturers

tiktok - software

re-location isn’t the same for both the companies, what point are you trying to make by comparing a technology/equipment with an app???

huawei could have NEVER re-located being the type of company that they are, however if tiktok is more concerned about the users it will however do everything to stay alive, if it was indeed a “chinese spying app” then good riddance a better app will take it’s place like instagram reels or triller, there is always a market if it’s not tiktok it’s another app

true – Google Play Store, Iphone App store – nearly 99.99999999999 percent of all downloads. What’s left? Amazon, barnes and Noble, AndriodApk? Come on, if they ban them – TikTok for all intensive purposes outside of China is dead – Why do people want tier 1 countries on Social Platforms? That’s where the money is – take away the money, you take away the life of the app. Even you know that.

1 Like

i don’t think you know anything about huawei and China. huawei and tikok are both be charged with the same thing - spying and breach of national security. You might wanna educate yourself on how apps work in China before thinking that US won’t target Tiktok. as long as Tiktok’s parent company is Chinese, then it’s screwed. period. if you think tiktok won’t get hit by US, i am willing to bet you $100. please take it. easy money LOL

these ppl just wanna think that tiktok can still survive if US bans it. let me have their dream lol.

1 Like

it will survive, without USA it will be just be a has been

1 Like

i suppose tiktok is atoning for the sins of coronavirus on China’s behalf. lol

Covid killed 5 I knew. It’s not a joke to me – it’s very real

my condolences to you. that’s crazy :frowning:

I just can’t see a TikTok on a smartphone of a 45+ year old. That is the main problem TikTok is facing, even with all privacy bullshit they do.

Yes TikTok reached 1 billion users, but 1 billion active users? That’s another story.

More and more people are using the platform for their businesses. It’s not only dancing and dumb challenges. My dad is 51, yet he’s using the platform. Times are changing.

1 Like

US really doesn’t like competition.
They are going to ban anything not made in the US soon.
We already know the US goverment spies on everyone yet they only make it seem like China is the big enemy here.

3 Likes