Hello everyone, I have been scouring around MP Social for a couple of months now and I decided to finally make an account, test the Mother/Slave method, and share my results. I started adding accounts a week ago and it’s going well so far.
A little bit about me: I am a music artist and have tested almost everything like Facebook ads, Instagram/YouTube shoutouts, powerlikes, YouTube ads, Spotify playlists, Music PR, and more to help promote my music. I used Jarvee to automate my Instagram account in the golden ages which allowed me to run my account on steroids 24/7. I eventually found out of a method called Mother Slave/Fan Page/Child. As a music artist (or any anything creative), it is hard to not only have exposure, but also to make people like your work (let alone have hundreds of thousands).
Eventually I found someone that helped grow my account via the Mother Slave strategy. Since that day, I learned that the most effective strategy hands down for a personal brand is the Mother Slave strategy. In fact, I would even go as far as saying for a music artist it is the only way. Unfortunately when July 2019 hit, that person was unable to continue to grow my account anymore.
I will try to update my results to the best of my ability as I do work full-time as a Marketer for another company.
VPS: Windows Server 2016 Datacenter (64 bit) with 16GB RAM
Hopefully you guys can respect that I don’t want to reveal too much about my exact setup and method. I don’t want the method to get saturated and have Instagram change the algorithm again. However, I will give my two cents to help you guys because this forum has helped me so much.
- I added 10 accounts into Jarvee and let them warmup (Follow, like, etc) with super low settings
- Having 4G proxies definitely saves you from lots of headaches as you have less proxies to worry about and less PV’s/EV’s
- After 3 days, I found out my method was working and decided to add 16 more accounts
- I originally had a VPS that had 4GB ram and quickly learned that 4GB ram is not enough for more than 10 accounts. I switched to a VPS with 16GB ram and it’s working well
- I also learned the important of uptime. There was a time when my IPV6 proxy wasn’t working and this put all of my accounts on hold. Also once I added more accounts, Jarvee was running dramatically slower which made some accounts get PV’s/Captcha
- I’m really surprised how much switching to faster VPS has helped the accounts run
Week 2 (Starting today):
- 9/10 initially slave accounts warmed up with no problems in the first week and I started to increase their limits and begin sending DM’s
- Some of the accounts are in a captcha/PV loop and I will most likely replace them with new accounts
Follower growth on main account: +0
Number of slave accounts so far: 26
Welcome to MPSocial, I’m glad you decided to register after lurking for some time.
You already have a good plan, you know what to do and how, so just keep going, keep adding new accounts.
Thanks for sharing part of your set up.
Please give us an update on how everything goes.
Thank you for helping me setup the proxies! Thank you for helping me setup the proxies!
Good luck with your journey! I have some questions:
- Did you create your own slave accounts? how old are they?
- How many slave accounts are you using per proxy? Do you think the proxy is what causes the accounts to have captcha/PV loop issue?
- All of the slave accounts I increased the limits on were able to send DM’s successfully.
- The some of the of accounts I added are receiving temporary action blocks. I had hiccups with my proxy and vps in week 1 so I might have to rest some of these accounts.
I haven’t really had a chance to profile the accounts. I simply added them (they already had already a profile pic, bio, and some pictures) and started automation. With that being said, I am going to stop all actions, profile all accounts, and let them rest. As I said before, I already had the mother slave strategy on my account before and I received a TON of followers. The only problem was that I received too many followers and my engagement was hurting. I had like 33,000 followers with 1,000 likes and about 50-100 comments. I know my content is good because of the 50-100 comments, but 1,000 likes with 33,000 followers is just horrendous.
My goal is to get a super engaged following. This will take some time, but it will be easier to monetize a personal brand.
Were you using your slave accounts to target “likers” and “commenters” or just followers of an account? Your engagement may have been hurting because of the latter. Although your engagement wasn’t terrible
@Powerlifter Thanks for the tip! Someone was doing mother/slave for me the first run so I’m not sure what he did. It’s crazy to say that I growed too much, but that’s what ended up happening. The more followers I got, the more my engagement rate went down and ultimately people couldn’t see my posts.
This is another reason why I wanted to try mother slave on my own. I want to control the targeting and content on the slaves. I know my audience very well and there’s certain US slangs, terms, etc you can’t really teach.
No matter what you do, when your main is growing IG will somehow limit your post reach. The only way to solve it will be to turn your account into private for sometimes after your journey.
Goodluck, you are doing great! What kind of DMs are you planning to send in order to push them to follow your main account?
I will definitely give it a try. I’ve learned so much watching someone manage my account. I definitely want to try putting a spin on the method. Putting it on private is definitely another cool way of filtering my followers
Thanks @renegade! Right now the the DM is a CTA to the main account.
This is a great topic! Cant wait to see your progress. How many accounts are you thinking of running? (maximum)
Thanks @Young! I plan on scaling up to 100-200. It will take a couple of months to get there, but it’s going well so far.
Another thing I forgot to mention is that I am doing this all on almost fresh account with under 500 followers. I moved all of my past followers to this new account and removed any ghost followers.
Thats a great idea, how many followers are you expecting your slaves to drive to your mother?
I’m setting the bar pretty low for the first month and I’m aiming for 1,000 followers with 27 child accounts. I know realistically I can probably get 2,000-3,000, but I’m running lots of tests, warming up the accounts slowly, and filtering the followers pretty tightly.
Great idea… Looking forward to your reports, the more detailed, the better Wish you much success!