[LIST] What TO and NOT TO tell your IG Clients

Good morning everybooty!
I’ve been seeing a lot around the forum about things to do with clients and since I’m jumping into the management atmosphere as well I thought this would be a good place for people to see what they should and shouldn’t be telling their clients to do when managing their accounts.

(sorry I don’t know how to do voting or any of that shit so whatever)

I’ll Start the list out and will add to it when I get more suggestions!

What to do while I manage your account.

-Do your best to post 1-2 a day. This will show everyone that you consistently post and will give your account a boost in Engagement with your targeted audience. (This is for when you’re not posting for them.) IT IS RECOMMENDED TO DO ALL OF THE WORK FOR YOUR CLIENT

What NOT to do While I am managing your account.

-Do not Like, Follow, or Unfollow any post or profile. DO NOT DM (added by @PortraitPhotography)

-Do not Log on to that Instagram account while connected to public wifi (Any wifi that’s publically available or that is outside of the accounts main IP Adress)

-Do not change Any Profile or account information (Including Password) 7 days before or after I handle your account.

-Do not let anyone else on your account from another device or location without consulting us.

-Do not Lurk on your account. (In Detail. Do not stay on your account for longer than 10 minutes every 6 hours. Do not Watch or continuously refresh follower count.)

-Do not use ANY other service on your Instagram account while using our service unless consulting us first. We always give a un-biased opinion on if it is safe to use or not.

What’s your guys’ current approach to this? Thanks, Contributors!

9 Likes

you wanna add " DM " as well?

Do not DM while you are managing your client’s account

some part of WHAT TO DO and WHAT NOT TO DO
may confuse your client

perhaps you can set a timetable with your client

from what time to what time, you would be managing the accounts

and from what time to what time, your client can safely post/comment/like

this is to avoid you and your client working on the account at the same time…

but it’s best to persuade your client to leave everything to you. I understand from Adnan it’s best to keep everything to massplanner?

3 Likes

Should I delete the Comment Option in the What TO do since I can technically do this?

in my opinion, ideally you want the client to leave all the work to you, including giving you the contents to post.

1 Like

Maybe we can also these points to a category “Tell this your client right after recquiring them”:

• "Please check if you have activated the “two-way verification” and if so, please deactivate it. You can do it with that link:"
    https://help.instagram.com/566810106808145

• “The first login, but also later, it is possible, that there is an EV or a PV. That is normal.”

• “If you want me to do your uploads, please note that tagging on specific points in the picture is not possible.”

4 Likes

The most important thing is do not let your paypal account out of credit

3 Likes

I’d like to add that folks should not post using their own 3rd party apps. I’ve had some PV loops on accounts when clients schedule their own posts outside of the IG app itself.

Even with Later or Hootsuite? (IG approved apps)

1 Like

Yes, even these can cause issues

I have not had issues with third-party approved apps. I have been using Buffer for a few months now to schedule posts on 25+ accounts. Zero PVs, although I’m not following/liking on these accounts. I would suggest using them to post consistently.

That’s a bummer. How is one supposed to publish content then?
I know that Jarvee’s repost tool is risky.

The Jarvee tool is not risky as long as you have good proxies. In fact, it’s best if you can 100% manage the account through Jarvee

1 Like

I don’t know about that. I’ve lost two accounts with good 4G proxies, and in one case I didn’t even post the image. Just saving it to a campaign draft.

Did you delete/change the metadata before posting?

Yes, unfortunately.
Now that I remember, there were three accounts, super safe settings and good content. Original caption and always giving credit to the author.

Hashtags were always the same. Perhaps this was it caused the trigger, I don’t know. There are so many factors in all this that is almost impossible to be sure about anything really.

1 Like

You can run split tests and monitor closely.

1 Like