{Lockdown Money Idea} Running Profitable FB Ad Campaigns for Online Fitness Client - My Case Study

Hi from a silent luker here! I left growing IG accounts last year because of strictness or maybe I couldn’t do it properly. Ignore my english and typos.

This lockdown I and my agency faced loss of clients due to lockdown (mostly social media management)

I got on to this amazing client from my mentor and started working on it. Online 24x7 Fitness Consultation.
So basically the client and team provides workouts, personalised diet and advice over whatsapp (starting from Rs. 10,000 for 3 months) - Yes I am from India

Here is a GROWTH EXPERIMENT we did for my FITNESS CLIENT!

Tools used

• GetResponse Basic plan to create landing pages and drip email campaigns (FREE PLAN AVAILABLE)
  • Fb ads ofcourse

So here the user acquisition was done by my mentor and we started brainstorming. During this lockdown we came up with an offer of FREE CONSULTATION CALL FOR 24 hours and later pitch them for paid plans.

I started by creating a personalised landing page for this lockdown offer.

We setup a landing page (took a template from getresponse) and made a customised video for the same. The client made a video of himself with words like - “Get the most out of this lockdown by getting in perfect shape.”

So we have following things ready:

• Landing page with a video
  • Fb ads setup with the same video ad.

HOW I SETUP FACEBOOK ADS FOR THIS CAMPAIGN? (EVEN NOOBS CAN DO THIS)

To be honest, I am not a pro with fb ads like my english.

I setup a traffic campaign ad.
Targetting options
Creative - the client video

That’s it!

Here are the details:

TARGETTING OPTIONS THAT WORKED VERY WELL

1. PEOPLE WHO USE FITNESS BANDS. LOL (WINNER)
These type of people know the importance of tracking and counting steps. We wont be targeting people who are into strength training or go to gym etc. Some gym-goers have an ego and feel homeworkouts don’t work.

Targetting: Mi xiaomi band, apple band, fitbit, and all the fitness bands you can think. Add them.

This is by far the best performing ads for us :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

2. PEOPLE WHO ARE INTO RUNNING (RUNNER UP)

These type of people know the importance of workout but don’t go to gym. Second best ad. :heart_eyes:

For both the ads, we kept the same landing page.

Catch them in consideration phase and not awareness stage (ACD model]

RESULTS???

70 sign-ups daily on whatsapp with ad budget of just $14 daily

As per the client, many of them have converted to 3 months coaching even after this lockdown thing.

The 4 campaigns that you see are:

1. 7 day email series setup where 7 workouts are delivered and again paid plan is pitched at the end of last email
  2. Client has already started LIVE sessions and price is just 99rs per session where group of people will be coached live on zoom calls - 10pm, 2pm, 5pm and 7pm slots - Join anytime
    yet to run ads on this but as we have enough data I have created a lookalike audience from people who have visited our landing page in last 20 days
    3rd and 4th the same video ad directing them to Landing Page with Free consultation call.

Crazy shit right! This is working excellently for us. I would appreciate if you try this in your country and let me know the results.

HOW CAN YOU REPLICATE THIS?

1. Find a client who is already taking online fitness consultation/programs (check local gyms)
  2. Pitch them for free setup and this idea of fb ads+ leads
  3. Charge them after 2 weeks if you get results

Step 1
Come up with free offer like free consultation or free checklist (anything that is fine with client)

Setup free getreponse acccount and a landing page (30 day free trial without credit available)
Take any template which has video in first view and write a copy. Here is an example

Step 2
Ask for a personalised video where client talks about lockdown/quarantine in first 3-5 seconds. 20-30 seconds will do. Embed it on landing page and use it as ad video creative (important for fb ad scent)

I have experimented with image ad as well. That works fine as well. However video got a better ctr so went ahead with video.

Step 3
Setup fb ads with traffic campaign and test with 5$.
$5 for all the fitness bands audience
$5 for all the running audience. Btw you can also add fitness blogs/fitness local communities too

Please don’t narrow it down more. Going broad is okay when you find right target audience.

WAIT FOR THE LEADS TO POUR IN!
Submit lead list to client.

You can charge per lead or on conversion basis (10% per sale). I don’t know which model works in your country.

P.S
I have written this post after seeing the giveaway post. So I may have skipped few details in hurry. Do let me know in comments if you have any questions and I will add them to the article

I am a beginner with fb ads and learnt everything from following playlist:
Landing page explained
Facebook ads explained

I am shocked with the amount of ROI the client is getting, to be honest. So I wanted to share this with you guys!

Have a great weekend!

If the category is wrong. Mods please move it in appropriate category.
#inforthegiveaway

10 Likes

Nice share and very good results. Due to the lockdown many businesses stopped their advertising so it seems advertising got cheaper all over. It’s definitely a good time to get advantage of this.

3 Likes

Thats a great share. Such pricing is likely going to stay for couple of months atleast now. Great utilization of time and resource.

1 Like

Thanks @Johnny! FB ads are cheapest right now!

Thanks alot !
I totally agree with you…

thank you for the share :pray: