[lvl1] Megathread: "Reducing Inauthentic Activity on Instagram" (2018/11/19)

Based on the instagram notification posted above, it doesn’t seem to be for panels because panels don’t require you to sign in your account.

I wonder if it’s going to affect future inauthentic likes or previous ones. If the update is retroactive, a lot of famous people are going to look dumb all of a sudden…

5 Likes

My thoughts exactly.

I wouldn’t say this is purely down to fake followers and likes.

Someone mentioned above that if you read the official Instagram announcement this isn’t cut and dry who will be affected.

I believe this will come down to if they can detect you’re botting or not and this is debatable … I guess time will tell guys.

1 Like

I would also add that accounts being hit with PV recently could well have been marked and this could be part of Instagrams AI learning to see how accounts deal with those prompts … Just my 2 cents.

3 Likes

to early to see impact – give it a few days to kick in. hopefully some of the damn fake ass accounts going down.
– I don’t want to read some bio from a account called ‘dont_read_my_bio’

LVL2 and 3 members, please note that this is LVL1 Thread. Thank you.

13 Likes

Summing up all, you can still use the Bot simply by limiting the number of shares per day, I for example do 200 actions a day should I be ok?

2 Likes

If you don’t vary the time of the day when accounts are making actions, not likely.

1 Like

Jesus Christ, holy fucking shit. Am I like the only one freaking the fuck out? Why is everyone so calm in this thread?

There’s been a lot of obstacles in the past and in light of that, i know this may sound hysterical, but this is THE END of client management. We’re going to have to take up other forms of digital marketing/IM to feed ourselves. They’re not going after blackhat CPA spammers, idiots who buy fake followers/likes, BUT US, simple client managers. Idk how we fucking circumvent this shit. Face it, we’re fucked.

Meanwhile everyone is like this:
com-optimize

Edit: For anyone still in denial, read the statement from Instagram, not these goofy news sites reporting on it.
Edit2: Just saw this fun tidbit, GREAT. “We’ll have more updates in the coming weeks on additional measures we’re taking to tackle inauthentic activity on Instagram.”

This is the fucking end. The fucking way she goes boys.

4 Likes

Erm… I just woke up so my brain’s a little slow.

Just clarifying… You’re being sarcastic, right?

3 Likes

Shouldn’t this be leveled up?

2 Likes

I’v been buggin all day, anyone else extremely worried about this? lol this is one of my main sources of income at the moment…
@kraadnc i don’t think he’s being sarcastic, I think he’s being for real. As in … this botting and growing accounts is gonna be done and for us who have clients and making bank, there goes all of our money lol

At the end of the day though, just gotta take it day by day until our clients start bitching / getting these notifications.

Has anyone reduced their settings (follows per hour / hours ran per day / likes per hour?) If you want to talk privately shoot me a PM .

Capture

lol don’t listen to this guy who made an account just to comment that, it’s a bit of a stretch. We don’t fully know yet what steps they are going to be taking.

8 Likes

You guys are so stupid sometimes it’s unbelievable

Still love you most of the times but whenever something happens most of you stop thinking

24 Likes

good morning guys.

I need your help.

have blocked the profile of my client @reinefede and my @yournextrip.

1. @reinefede, when you try to get on instgram says: disabled account because it does not respect our terms etc. "

with his mobile phone he can not log in with any Instagram account. OH MY GOD, WHY?

do you have any guidance to be able to resume the banned account?

I already wrote to instagram!
do you have their email address?

1. @yournextrip, from the app does not enter.
    on safari enter!

why?

HELP ME! :frowning:

1 Like

Can’t tell you how to get it deactivated, but if he/she factory resets their phone then they’ll be able to reinstall the app and log into the other accounts. They shouldn’t restore a backup though or it will lock them out again

1 Like

TBH, I am very worried as well, but again, I am not a developer/ informatics person, just a marketer handling automatic activity, so probably I am missing information.
Also, pretty sure Instagram has been doing this for some time now, it´s just public now. The tools still have to learn and let´s see what are the next steps. I am feeling all this is about political groups / accounts gaining authority with these growth methods and influencing campaigns, and Facebook being criticized for it.
The bigger problem here is to calm down customers :slight_smile:

1 Like

There’s a thread for LVL2 and 3 too. This is LVL1 thread.

2 Likes

:disappointed: :disappointed:
and all the rest of characters I am missing…

2 Likes