[MAY/JUNE 2020 FIX] "Help Us Confirm You Own This Account" [SOLUTION]

Hey!

I have the same issue. my account is temporarily locked the past 5 days and when I tried to get a recovery code to my phone number I don’t get one.

can u please help me? ill pay you!!

Any updates on this issue?

Try requesting the code from another device. If you’re logged in to the account on your phone now, log out of the account, then log in to the account on your computer, and request the code from there.

Hey did u ever figure out it i have been stuck on it since last 2 months still cant open

hey how did it goes?

no update unfortunately :frowning:

Hello guys,
are there any updates to this issue yet?
Thanks for providing excellent suggestions so far, maybe you have more :slight_smile:.
I am in this situation:

• personal IG account
  • registered with only an e-mail address that I have access to (no phone number registered)
  • connected to Facebook account
  • device with most IG usage time is available, though IG was reinstalled several times
  • password for IG account can be reset, but IG will always prompt with “help us confirm you own this account” in every possible constellation

Thanks
Jkin

Have you tried submitting the support request form? If you don’t have access to the form, I think what you can try is contact FB support via live-chat.

Your FB account needs to run an FB ad in order to get their live support.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply ossi.

Are you referring to options that are supposed to turn up while pushing “I need more help” on the login screen of the most used device?
I tried this but never made it to a support request form :frowning:

Hey guys, just tried the method OP shared and this is the reply I got from Instagram: Hi,

It looks like your account has been disabled. We disable Instagram accounts that don’t follow our Terms of Use. Actions that are against our terms include:

• Continued prohibited behaviour after receiving a warning or multiple warnings from Instagram

• Unsolicited contact with others for the purpose of harassment, advertising, promoting, dating or other inappropriate conduct

• Impersonation of a person or entity, or other misrepresentation of identity

• Posting content that infringes or violates someone else’s rights or otherwise violates the law

• Posting content that violates our Terms of Use

Please review Instagram’s Terms of Use to learn more about our policies:

https://help.instagram.com/termsofuse/?ref=cr

Thanks

Does anyone have any idea what can be done now? Should I try submitting another tiket?

Hi ossi how are you? I’m having this problem with my account saying “help us confirm you own this account” I tried everything Opera, VPN, filled that form on instagram app, I reset my password more than 100 times and it still showing the same issue ://
Also I created a facebook business page and ran ads for more than 50$ but the support live chat is not showing… do you know if it works in every country or just USA

Do you find any solution for the #problem?

Hi, you’re not seeing a live chat button here? Facebook Advertising Support | Facebook Business Help Center I don’t think it only works for USA, i ran ads from Germany, and spent only $5, but maybe FB has changed the rule recently or something, I’m not sure about this.

No, is not there :frowning: Do you know any other solution for this issue “help us confirm you own this account” except Opera Browser and reseting password? It’s been 3 months that I can’t log in to my account

Hi!

I was logged out without doing anything and was in the help us confirm loop for 2 days. Just want to share my experience since the VPN Opera fix didnt work anymore. Used other VPNs still didnt work. I had to reset my password over 30x but after confirmation of every reset would lead me to the “help us confirm you own this account” page. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, logged out on all units(iphone, samsung, macbook, dell laptop), cleared cache, cleared all browsers. Nothing seemed to work.

I used the “need more help?”to request for FB support. They asked me to confirm my identity and the sent different links (on separate emails) to reset my password. After resetting using their links, help confirm pop up page still occurred. I consulted our friend from our office IT team and his simple reco worked:

1. Log out from all your units and browsers
  2. Clear cache from all units
  3. Reset your password using either your username or email or number
  4. Check email if Instagram for the the change in password confirmation email
  5. Open IG app and log in using another account (if you dont have another account, make one. Or ask a friend to log in to IG using your phone unit)

This helps you identify if your account has an issue or the app has a performance issue. If other people can log in using your unit, it means its not an app issue but an account issue.

1. After logging in using another account, log that out.
  2. Log in using your account with the new password.
  3. Suddenly, it led me to this page below

1. Confirm its you and then you can access your account again
  2. Change your security settings to 2FA just to make sure you wont get hacked in the future

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Hi, I have the same issue and its driving me crazy. Can someone help me please!

Hola, me podrías ayudar porfavor