[METHOD] Alternative Way to Setup Your Scraper Accounts -JARVEE

I’m not going to put my main account on jarvee. Ever.
I’m just scraping account details I’ll follow manually from excel or if I get tired I’ll try your save to collections method. Which proxy do you recommend I don’t know anything about proxies and getting confused. Can you please tell me an ip for a $ or two coz I’m using jarvee for maybe a day or 2.

1 Like

@roy @Hadi thanks for the words of motivation brothers. I got everything setup, and turned my setup on this morning… so far so good. But as we all know, it always starts that way.

I’m feeling a little more confident though… although I running residential proxies, I’m going to stick to 1:1 for now. I’ll keep you guys posted on progress along the way.

1 Like

Is it generally 1 scraper per 1 client account? Or can 1 scraper handle a few using this method?

Ah according to tooltip - 1/3rd of accounts should be scraping. 1:3 ratio then.

4 Likes

you dont need 1 scrapper per account, set up about 3 scrapers for every 5 accounts. keep an eye on the dashboard if you get error 550 you need more accounts

5 Likes

Is this setup working when we have the option ‘USE ONLY EB’ enabled on the main account?

1 Like

Thank you so much for your guide, it is gold!

I have a question: I have like 20 accounts and probably 70 scrapers. As far as you know, Jarvee will be able to skip a “blocked” scraper by using another one?

I would like to set the limits as you said and I would like to understand if it will random choose from the available ones, avoiding to pick the temporary blocked one.

It’s just a curiosity :smile:

1 Like

I believe it should, but I don’t use that option so I can’t say for sure

1 Like

It won’t pick the blocked one, it only uses scrapers tagged with the proper tag name, and it had to be “VALID”

Okay, I will try that out :+1:

It seems that’s how synchronization works on my ONLY EB accounts.
Using the API accounts to scrape the number of followers.

Thank you!

The only thing missing in Jarvee is a NASA integration to send missiles ahah

4 Likes

Great guide Hadi!
thank you for sharing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Which option are you using for your main accounts?
When I disable USE ONLY EB my main account immediately starts doing API calls which I’m trying to avoid.

I have setup everything but I get “The search took more than 20 minutes and was aborted…” notifications. Maybe I’m missing something or it’s the option ONLY EB which is causing issues which I doubt somehow as the notification includes that it passed X users for the given source. I used the exact same settings, I used on the scrapers before but it’s not collecting users at all now.

Edit: Just now it started working after the 3rd try :joy:

So for everyone using 100% EB: This setup is working with EB ONLY as well!

1 Like

Just to know better, What are the differences between this methos and the regular scraper settings?
Is there any benefits? is it safer? or just another way to operate :slight_smile: ?

2 Likes

For me personally this is the biggest benefit:

And the setup is easier when you use multiple tools for example. So you won’t need a scraper for each different tool. With that workflow you just setup an army of scrapers that will do the data collection and the filters and sources are setup in the main account.

Another big benefit is the intelligent self-regulation of the scrapers. Keeping them constantly under a certain amount of api calls makes them live longer potentially.

3 Likes

@Hadi It’s working but I still get “The search took more than 20 minutes and was aborted…” a lot of the times with the same filters I had on my “regular scrapers”. With my scrapers (when they were sending them to extracted users of main) they were able to collect 10-20 users in every run. With this setup and the exact same filters and sources, sometimes 3 runs in a row 0 users were collected.

Do you know why this could be the case?

1 Like

Check which sources give you more results and increase their priority in the source tab.
There’s an issue I’m experiencing where the sources that aren’t returning anything are not getting removed, although they should be since the option is checked. I’m working on this with JARVEE support, we spent about an hour on TeamViewer trying to find out the issue, it didn’t show anything, so they will introduce more detailed logging in the next update in order to determine the issue, I’ll keep you guys posted when we figure it out.

3 Likes

Thanks!

But the few accounts that were followed were by accident I believe. Most likely they were collected when I tested to turn off the option “USE ONLY EB” as then the main account did few api calls.

What is your setup when you don’t use “ONLY EB”? As I said when I turn it off it seems that the account scrapes for itself (and followed successfully). When I turn it on off I don’t get any results.

1 Like
  1. Is it work EB ONLY?
  2. Is it also enable the option to remove low sources?
2 Likes

I use full api emulation on my scrapers and main accounts, im currently testing one main account on the EB but I can’t say which is better til I fully tested it out.

1 Like

I’m trying that at the moment.
“Remove poor quality sources” and “Favour sources high follow back ratio” should work with the setup. That’s one of the ideas behind it.

Okay. What I’m trying now is “Apply only on accounts with specific tagnames”

After I did that, I got error 550 on one account and all sources invalid on another account.
Error 550 is “Cannot execute because you don’t have any valid IG logged in via api to”
Although the accounts I tagged for the use of scraping are logged in via api.

1 Like