[METHOD] Alternative Way to Setup Your Scraper Accounts -JARVEE

I was told to make sure not to have full api emulation on for the scraper accounts, as its just taking unnecessary data and will slow them down.

May I ask why you’re choosing to run them w/ full emulation enabled? What error are you recieving? I’ve tried running it both on and off, both seem to work fine. Maybe im missing something?

3 Likes

This method requires that the scrapper be logged in to API, based on my testing, you get an error code if the account is not in full api emulation.
Error 550 is “Cannot execute because you don’t have any valid IG logged in via api

1 Like

Thats what I said above. I was asking if it would be better to just run the scraper accounts on regular API and not full emulation so you are doing less API calls = more scraping. At least thats what I was thinking.

2 Likes

did you check if your scrappers got API scrape blocks? from social profiles tab, select all accounts tagged as scrapers > actions on selected profiles > export api scrape blocks.
Is the file empty or not?

1 Like

I have “Use only api to save bandwidth” checked off… along with all the “Do not use embedded browser to login”. As far as I know, it should do all actions via api.

I may be wrong though. @Adnan can you clarify whether its necessary to use full emulation on our scrapers? I lost a few scraper accounts to “need you to confirm your identity” while using full emulation on them(and that’s with delays when api errors occur).

1 Like

Went through this a few times trying to double check which small step I am missing and can’t seem to find the answer.

I am getting the Error executing (any tool / action) for the account.: code 550 - Cannot execute because you dont have any valid IG accounts logged in via api to.

I have tried several times to ensure I have the right checkboxes checked, relogged, reset device, ensure the scraper / SLAVE tag is properly done and configs are in the right settings.

I am sure I did something wrong and its not a software issue I just don’t know what. Any suggestions?

1 Like

Go to the scraper account, check “Enable full api emulation”, make sure to reset device ID’s after you check that box! If your still getting this error you probably need more scrapers.

Let me know if this works!

1 Like

Hey bro, not ‘Optimize api calls to do more actions’ … the one I was referring to is ‘Use only api to save bandwidth’ … but still looking for clarification from someone, as I know I remember reading full emulation is only for use on main accounts, and will cause scraper accounts to get more errors due to the extended api calls.

@tux @Luca @Alexnvo @Adi_Ankonina (pardon the tags) - for are scraper accounts, should we use full emulation… or just api? I lost a few of my scraper accounts in a couple days using full emulation on them. I have things paused until I know for sure whether it’s necessary.

2 Likes

Yea I read your previous comment but I didn’t reply to you as I wasn’t sure what the difference was between “Full Api Emulation” and “Use only API to save bandwidth” is.

Maybe @Stiletto can clarify if error 550 means that the account needs to be logged into Full API Emulation for the slave method to work, or if it will also work with “Use only API to save bandwidth”. As well as what the difference between the 2 options are

All i know is that setting it to Full API Emulation fixed error 550 for me, I haven’t tested the use only API option. yet.

1 Like

i use both and i honestly don’t see a difference.

1 Like

no, definitely no API full emulation on the scrapper, just make sure that the scrapper accounts are using the API (make sure that you don’t have the USE ONLY EB checked)

1 Like

so for the 550, it will show when you don’t have any account logged via API (in case you have the USE ONLY EB on all your accounts), also, it will appear when you are using this option below and you have no accounts there or the accounts that you entered are not valid or have the USE ONLY EB checked

2 Likes

I use full api on the scrapers and had no issues, how many API calls do your scrapers do per day running on API without full emulation?

1 Like

Hello @Hadi

I have question regarding how to set up scraper accounts?

So my question is:

For example I want to build 2 IG accounts, first is from Fashion niche & another one is from Fitness niche.

How do I split scraper account to separately scrape potential followers for Fashion account & Fitness?

No need to split the accounts, if you set them up the way I explain, JARVEE will automatically pick any available scraper to scrape. This way you can setup the filters/sources directly on the main account.
If you do want to split the accounts for whatever reason (this is not efficient), go into the scraper, set up the filters there, then set it to send to your main account. Repeat the process for every scraper and set it to send the users to the main accounts.

1 Like

The scrapper accounts that I have don’t have the API full emulation on them.

The number of API calls on the scrapper depends on data that is scraping based on the filters, a scrapper with low filters executes fewer API calls than the others set to scrape based on complicated filters.

Also, if the scraper account is working for more than one account, the number of API calls will be higher

That been said, my scrappers, execute between 300 and 1200 API calls per day .

4 Likes

my scrapers are doing ~ 6000 API calls per day, have you tried to see how far it would go?

by how far it would go you mean blocks EV PV and AC issues, right?

1 Like

Yes, I also recall that a long time back, when I was using crappy DC proxies, if I did 500api calls/day, I used to get EV PV AC and the Get help signing in error. Now they’re running great and I haven’t experienced any issues.

2 Likes

Yes, that is true, DC proxies will definitely kill your accounts.

I was able to get some scrappers up to 2000-2500 max nothing crazy, but no issues on the accounts yet :crossed_fingers: :joy:

1 Like