[METHOD] How to Create Your Own Residential Proxy Using a Raspberry PI & Home Internet

Hi guys, Considering the huge request on 4g & residential proxy i thought it would be great sharing with you this method of making residential proxy it’s vey easy nothing complicated. As everyone in instagram marketing knows, that handmade proxies are th best and tend to work better and give more trust to the account.

So in this thread im going to show you how to create your own residential proxy using Raspberry PI & your home internet. Enough talk let get into the steps.

Requirements:

• Raspberry PI (i highly recommend to buy raspberry 3b+)
  • Mini SD Card
  • Micro USB Cable/Power Block
  • Monitor
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • HDMI Cord
  • Access to your home internet router

First before we start you need to install operating seystem on raspberry pi, follow the instructions in the video below

After you finished installing the Raspbian on Raspberry PI and rebooting the system. Go to Preferences > Raspberry PI Configuration > Interfances and enable SSH.

Now, we need device ip. To do it, open the terminal on Raspbian > type ifconfig and copy the device ip (it’s something like 192.168.1.12)

We need now to install WinSCP
https://winscp.net/eng/download.php

After you installed WinSCP open it and past the device IP we copied before in host name and type-in your prefered username & password then click on “login”
login

Open the terminal on WinSCP ( its better to watch tutorials on how to use WinSCP )

Copy & Past the following commands one by one: ( if any y/n question showed-up just press y and enter)

• sudo apt-get update
  • sudo apt-get install squid3
  • sudo apt-get install apache2-utils

After you completed entering the commands above, type-in:

• sudo su
  • chmod 777 /etc/squid/squid.conf

Now go back to WinSCP, on the right side search for folder with the name “etc” open it then scroll down to “squid” open it then open file “squid.conf” and delete everything inside it “CTRL+A Delete” > Copy & Past the new config from here: https://github.com/serverok/squid-proxy-installer/blob/master/squid.conf > Change the http_port to 3230 > Save the file. Click on refresh to make sure the file is saved!

Go back to the terminal to create username and password for the proxy, just past the code below and replace USERNAME_HERE and PASSWORD_HERE with your desired user name and password.

• /usr/bin/htpasswd -b -c /etc/squid/passwd USERNAME_HERE PASSWORD_HERE

When you have done creating username & password for the proxy type-in sudo service squid restart After done restarting type-in server squid status to make sure everything is OK

We need now to create port-forwarding, to do that go to your router panel > port forwarding > add new custom port > name it what ever you want, for the port we going to use 3230, the device select raspberry pi and click apply. ( if you dont know how, searche in youtube how to open port-forwarding on your router model)

Voila! you have created your first residential proxy. Now we need to check the proxy if is working to do that you can use any proxy checker you prefer, for me i use fogldn proxy checker.

Go to google type “My ip” and you will see your public IP and this is the proxy IP.

your proxy details are like the following: your_public_ip:port:username:password

Hope you guys find this tutorial helpfull and forget to give it a heart :grin:.

if you still have some questions or you didn’t understand something feel free ask below.

21 Likes

thanks a bunch for sharing

may I ask how much does it cost in total? exclude the value of time

1 Like

Excluding the monitor, Keyboard, Mouse
for Raspberry PI + SD Card $43
HDMi cable $4

1 Like

Hey amazing info Here, this actually works and is possible on a RPI ZERO.

Good shouts on the fogldn checker it works like a charm and has Mac and Windows versions

1 Like

Thank you !
i actually never tried it on RPI ZERO, but i prefer Raspberry PI 3b+ because of the performance.

1 Like

Very detailes here man !

Think this knowledge would help more than a few!

:egg::hatching_chick::hatched_chick::rooster:

1 Like

Sharing is caring :egg::hatching_chick::hatched_chick::rooster:

Hey, thanks for the guide! One quick question - do you know how safe this is? I mean, when you port forward your network, it becomes visible to the outside world. I know having a strong password helps secure it, but is there a way someone can penetrate you network without knowing the password and with the port forwarded?

1 Like

install TCP-Flow tool, basically this tool will allow you to track every http request going in & out of your Raspberrty PI. This will help you to know if any one using your proxy without your permission.
To install this tool just copy/past the following codes:
sudo apt-get install tcpflow
sudo tcpflow -p -c port 3128 - replace with your port you chose

2 Likes

Perfect, thanks!

Thank for the detailed guide, may i ask how many proxies can you make using this out of your home dynamic ip or is this just to turn your home ip into a 1 proxy that you can anywhere ?

1 Like

it turn your home ip to a residential proxy you can use anywhere.
if you want to scale it you can use huawei 4G routers and create as many proxies you would like.

2 Likes

it would be perfect if you do a sequel guide about that :wink: but thank very much for this one already.

1 Like

Thank you, i will share step by step guide how to make 4g proxies

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing. I would love to know how to make 4g proxies at home with the raspberry pi. Would you be able to do something similar in the future?

1 Like

This right here is gem brother. Thanks for sharing :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes sure, i will share more methods how you can create 4g proxies soon.

Thank you sir !

1 Like

Changing (and leaving) the permissions of squid.conf as 777 is a potential vulnerability. Better to restore them back to their original values after editing. In any case, you don’t need to grant execute permissions at all. “chmod o+w /etc/squid/squid.conf” is probably enough to make the change.

2 Likes

That would be golden , I went off and bought a bunch of dongles, tplink router 24 port plus, and orange Pi… i feel like one of those kids with an insurmountable amount of Legos and no clue how to make a castle.

and how to setup with usb modem? any guide? for 7hub usb like oricho. what is the best raspberry pi? do we need router for setup with usb modem huawei?