Nearly every thread a flame war -- why?

Seems a day does not go by without insults - flames going on. One person makes a statement another calls names/insults and it goes back and forth like high school. WTF folks –
2 examples
one on creator accounts –
one on story views –
just today.
You get some with a little knowledge and they think they know all.
We got serious issues here as people depend on it to feed – eat in some cases.
people here wanting to grow – NO CRIME IN THAT.
Folks – see something you don’t like? don’t call them a racist – stupid or what have you.
I am just as guilty as this when I started then it dawned on me, I best better study – I lived on this forum as a reader for months – studied everything I could find – I never asked questions becuase it is not my style – I needed to find out for me and not be spoon fed.
Come on, we need to help – not who has the biggest xxx or is this or that,

24 Likes

Totally agree

1 Like

A lot of people may feel that others are simply wrong or ignorant. Some people are from different areas of the world so some may say something that would seem offensive to them, but it can come off to someone else as offensive, thus, a war. Thats how a lot of forums are. But on the bright side, this forum is very informative, and positive for the most part.

1 Like

True. Combination of faer, desperation and stupidity. Let’s keep sharing and helping each other!

1 Like

How many good people have we lost because of this? Ones that could of come up with solutions to help all users? All they needed was experience and then they soar? Questions never to be answered

5 Likes

I agree with that. Couple of decent rules to go by - do not offend anyone personally, you can make a different claim than them or challenge their arguments but don’t offend them (calling someone a racist is pretty offensive in my book while you could just challenge their views instead). Second rule is always assume you can learn something even from trolls, people who have no idea what they’re talking about or just malevolent people in general (even if its something as simple as who to avoid or how to figure out someone is an idiot) so there’s no point of being a dick to some awful human being just for the sake of 30 seconds of righteous satisfaction.

Simply assume the best but be prepared for the worst. I never get into arguments and if someone is mean on the forum call me naive or silly but I just assume he had a bad day or something and try to look at it from his perspective :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some may call this Thread crap –
Some may agree,
Some don’t care.

WE have one goal – higher numbers (safely).
Flames/Insults don’t get that – it gets crap.
We all feel Insta on our backs. Even me – I plan to go into Social Media growing soon as a living and everyday it’s a battle. even for me

3 Likes

Too many people flood these forums when their settings stop working, full of frustration and despair.

These people also don’t even know how to do proper testing and actually bring information to the discussion.

Forums are usually made on the back of strong moderation. Here I’ve rarely seen a shitposter being punished accordingly.

Sometimes it feels like Mojo is the only moderator here, and I’m sure he doesn’t want to have the burden of banning people all on his shoulders.

4 Likes

I see, people this people that, I hope when we have mistake, just remind and help other. Don’t try to argue too strong, contribute first!

1 Like

I agree, we have to help people

1 Like

with a sad face, i feel this is truth. unless mods do it behind the scenes.

New members fighting for relevance and popularity. They’re like lion cubs playing. A lot of egos clashing despite having not provided much value to the community overall. It’s really cringe.

4 Likes

Peace and Love <3

2 Likes

@Alexnvo Thank you for creating this thread ! Maybe even pin this please!
I had to skip reading some threads when there’s too much drama.

There will be many users who join the community when they are in crisis - nothing wrong in that.
There will be beginners who might look for basic answers to questions - nothing wrong in that.

I joined and still enjoy this community who take time and effort to contribute and help feed valuable info in this ground.
Let’s share knowledge and have healthy conversations. :handshake:

1 Like

@Alexnvo I totally agree with this post. I find myself logging in less and less because of the drama. And let me add to your post with something else that drives me crazy. These threads are getting sooo long NOT just because they have valuable information, but because people are using them as chat sessions like this is a group chat. So many irrelevant things posted in these threads that it takes me forever just to get to actual solutions IF THERE ARE ANY. It’s becoming a shit show.

1 Like

This community should be about learning new ideas, gathering knowledge, helping others, building a network of likeminded entrepreneurs. Leave the drama to small minded people.

1 Like

Yeah, what I’ve noticed over the past month or so is that new members are flooding in, spam-posting to reach level 2, while not realizing that the majority of the members in level 2 have somewhat disappeared from the forum out of frustration and overwhelm.

3 Likes

The rise of shitheads - seeing this in every part of the internet lol.

Probably because it’s summer time and the kids don’t have school :joy:

3 Likes

Also think everyone is on edge because the last couple months have been difficult for everyone

1 Like

That could very well be the reason. I see it myself that stress of having many clients and a lot of them displeased with the latest results can just eat you inside out. :frowning_face:

1 Like