New ways of Automating?

I sat down and read through kraadnc’s thread (great read by the way) where he explained that he had experienced better results via the Android Automating app Fibergram, and this made me think: Is it possible to download an Android emulator to your existing VPS and automate the Instagram that way? Furthermore, if that is possible, can you run multiple instances of the software with different proxies (Fibergram allows five accounts per device/instance), almost achieving an M/S setup?

So I got to work. After some digging, I found a document on the Fibergram website (don’t know if I’m allowed to link to it). The only emulator listed as working without bugs was the LDPlayer. The LDPlayer was not a pleasant experience. After fighting with the software for a while, I decided to use Bluestacks instead.

Fibergram can follow users from a file. So I scrapped some accounts via Jarvee and converted the text file so that Fibergram could read it. Fibergram worked without any problems when emulated via Bluestacks. After testing, I got to about 150 follows (with barely any delay) after I received my first block. I then tested with another account, but this time I ran Bluestacks via a DC proxy and this time I got blocked at 80 follows (however, this is probably because of my cheap proxy).

I then proceeded to test if I would be able to achieve better results on an actual android device, so I dug up an old android phone (I’m team iPhone) and downloaded Fibergram. This time I experienced even better results reaching above 200 almost 250 follows with a short delay before getting blocked. After I pinched myself to see if this was real, I tested again with another account a residential proxy, and I got almost the same result, reaching nearly 250 follows before getting blocked. After doing some digging, I think I know why the difference between the emulator and the phone was so substantial. The Facebook App checks for the sim card status to see if it’s an emulator or not, and I’d imagine that Instagram does the same thing. Then I stumbled across AppCloner while doing my research. The app allows you to run multiple instances of the same app on a real android device. I have not tested this yet, but if this works, this will enable using 50 maybe hundreds of accounts per device for M/S.

One flaw or rather one possible improvement for Fibergram is that it’s too “predictable”. Every action is done the same way, in the same pattern, it’s not very “human-like”. To further develop this, it would be nice if there was a feature that randomised the actions executed, for example first it likes a photo, then it watches a story and follows and then another story and so on. This feature would make it even more “human-like”.

Another problem with this is the amount of data used, especially when using the like tool - although, this can easily be solved by preventing the videos from auto-playing.

I found these results very interesting, so by publishing my findings, I hope to wake a discussion about new tactics and methods to circumvent the Instagram algorithm - something that would be beneficial to all of us.

8 Likes

I didn’t quite catch on to your plan to use proxies within each app session? Obviously you can’t run tons of versions of instagram and perform actions from 20+ accounts because they’ll all be coming from the same IP (if it’s not rotating or anything, just a static IP such as residential).

I haven’t tested this out myself yet, but the application ProxyDroid for Android seems to tick off all of the boxes supporting “Individual proxy for only one or several apps” (taken from Google Play). I’m sure there are other applications have this feature as well.

1 Like

If you want to work with fibergram and 50 accounts per phone you got a problem. You are able to spoof the fingerprints but time will be the issue. You have to do 200 follows and 200 unfollows a day. One actions takes ~1minute with fibergram. So you need to do 400 actions per day per accounts which takes ~6,5h. So if you want to run 50 accounts you would need a 325h day to perform all actions.

Okay, 50 accounts per device was maybe a bit over-exaggerated; however, I don’t think it’s even possible to achieve 200 follows AND 200 unfollows per day consistently without getting a block, maybe something more like 250 actions totals per day.

With that said, I still haven’t tested this method over a period of time, if it’s even viable or if the blocks start raining down after a week. All of my current numbers are from a small number of test samples.

Maybe it would work with setting up a small farm of cheap old android phones just for this. Question would be what is the max amount of accounts you can automate per phone. Also how to solve the proxy issue with phones.

I’ve done a lot of research with fibergram, you will definitely start getting blocks more often after a while.

3 Likes

I recently used a similar app. It does the actions on the phone automatically but it was very robotic, no tapping was there. It was just like it have saved locations about all the buttons, eg like button, follow button. The sketchy thing is there is no tapping on screen whatsoever. ( I turned on the show taps on my phone to check this)

Instagram is really checking how we tap and scroll, so until these bots can imitate real tapping and scrolls they will get caught in few days because of same pattern.

1 Like

You have to realize that each device have only one device ID, IMEI, ton of other way to identify it by an app. Unless you are using a rooted device, it wont work.

There are app cloner apps out there, which are able to spoof all thoose ids.

2 Likes

I’m just getting started with Fibergram, and have a lot to learn. Did you see any pattern with the blocks, i.e. always getting blocks after a week or some settings that triggered the blocks? I and I think a lot of people would be glad if you went into more detail about your research.

I’m not inclined to go into my findings as previously I wrote two very detailed accounts of my finding and strategies with fibergram that were deleted for “spam”.

You can look on my profile for the 2 that weren’t deleted but they were more just about how to set up fibergram.

1 Like

An other strategy,

More costy than JV or any automation from computer, but old-school like we love them !

Nothing is free from blocks sadly, and this isn’t an exception…

no, instagram doesnt have the permission to check whether you are using a sim card or not.

Not necessarily more expensive, I still got better results using the Android Emulator than Jarvee. However, the emulator demands more system resources and bandwidth, so the expense is in the VPS then.

The permission READ_PHONE_STATE is in the Instagram app, which allows it to check the sim card status.

1 Like

You can run less accounts using phones than when you use JV, so running 150 acc from phones versus JV is way more expensive :slightly_smiling_face:

That’s what i meant.

That’s why a proper (= quality) service from phones is more expensive than from any VPS with JV on it !

1 Like

hey guys any news?

Knowing that you can have 5 accounts logged into the app at once on a phone, I’d say 5 is a safe bet per phone.

Where can I find @kraadnc original post? Not seeing it