Personal letter from Instagram?

Hi, I will definitely stick around a lot goes over my head when it comes to IT stuff but I’m willing to learn. I mean now when I read it back it makes sense but the way niche was used wasn’t proper English :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Another dead end from Instagram they are really playing hardball with us. My business partner has been doing everything she can to get it back now but they still won’t give us a reason for the disable😤

1 Like

There’s a lot that can read into here for some that are really big Instagrammers.

She has since asked if we can at least be told who the complaint is by as we still have no idea and want to get some legal advice

and want to and this is what we got

1 Like

It sounds like they closed your Instagram for using something in one of their ads, not Instagram itself. Just the ad space from reading that letter with no :coffee:

I had never done an ad on Instagram but I think she was chatting to an ad guy on fb and he tried to help

Do you know why I wouldn’t be told who my complaint was by is that normal? My friend was disabled but was told it was by playboy for wearing their jewellery but she wrote to them and they dropped the complaint and now she is back up. I get really vague answers

Probably because it’s an individual. An account was disabled for wearing jewelry? Was she trying to sell it or just wear it? And was playboy mentioned in the post that the jewelry was in?

1 Like

She was wearing licenced playboy jewellery to promote nail poslish. They told her that because she was wearing their jewellery while trying to promote a nail polish brand it’s copyright, like lighten up. How do these companies expect to stay relevant

1 Like

Her letter from Instagram said she was disabled because of complaint playboy made. Mine just said I was disabled because of copyright

1 Like

Hey Wortime u ever see any get out of this copyright thing? I’ve only heard of one and they basically answered the DCMA Counter Notices

2 Likes

It sounds like that’s not even an option for her. And no, I’ve never seen anyone until now get disabled for copyright. If I had to guess (I am) I would say it was the competition or several that did that. Maybe along with the way she was cross promoting her brand amongst other accounts. Everything is a best guess scenario here.

1 Like

Sorry i guess I framed my question wrong. Have u seen accounts with copyright bans get reactivated? Yeah that is possible that it was the competition.

1 Like

I’ve had letters saying both copyright and offensive material :woman_shrugging:t3: So weird because I know there has never been anything offensive but I did use music in my older videos

I feel like it’s a lost cause at this point at least I’m growing fast I guess

1 Like

No I have not. I’ve never seen anyone get banned for copyright before.

@Zinny, whose music was in the videos and did you have permission to use it?

No I didn’t at the time I wasn’t aware it was against the rules. I’m pretty sure it was a drake song, I got a letter about my breach at 3:40 am just before they took down my account. I tried writing to his label OVo but got no answers

This is the letter I got just before they disabled me not giving me a chance to take it down

Damn, i got a letter from facebook before telling me that me and everyone in my household can not to use the service again for 6 month :joy: i guess instagram might be next then lol

What the hell were you doing with it?

2 Likes